Mercury is building a banking* stack for startups. Since we launched Mercury in 2019, our customer base has grown to over 100,000 startups and small businesses from all around the world. We're looking for an Onboarding lead to join our team as our company continues to scale for the next 100k customers and beyond.
Our lively and quickly growing Onboarding team is responsible for getting customer accounts open. These companies will range from the latest tech startup cracking cheap space travel to a Peruvian farm growing sustainable coffee, so you’ll be exposed to a pretty wide range of characters and ideas. This makes our Onboarding team a crucial function to both the success and growth of Mercury but also in protecting Mercury from bad actors.
As people manager on the Onboarding team, your role will consist of managing a team of specialists, including their day to day success and overall growth. You’ll also help the team scale by creating efficient processes, bringing forward creative product solutions and overseeing the execution of projects that help us achieve our goals.You’ll play a key role ensuring that the team is supported to tackle the day to day and in empowering the team to adapt quickly in a changing environment.
*Mercury is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services provided by Choice Financial Group and Evolve Bank & Trust®; Members FDIC.
Here are some things you’ll do on the job:
- Help hire and manage the day to day for a team of Onboarding Specialists. Day to day tasks may include monitoring metrics, answering questions, handling escalations and helping the team navigate challenges and ambiguity that may arise.
- Ensure your team is efficient and competent by conducting regular 1:1’s focused on providing feedback, setting goals and building confidence.
- Support your teams growth by identifying development opportunities and dedicating time for career development conversations consistently
- Be fluent in Onboarding team KPIs and use them to effectively manage your team and help Onboarding consistently deliver on our goals
- Proactively identify product gains at scale and surface product feedback, communicating and working cross functionally with EPD partners
- Effectively manage projects and drive forward results, both with internal stakeholders and third party vendors
- Help set the vision for the team by contributing to bi-annual KPI discussions and owning relevant projects that support our teams broader goals
- Take ownership of your work by proactively identifying needs of the team and creating and managing projects with limited supervision
- Contribute to monthly and quarterly business reviews, both reporting and presenting
- Have 3+ years of experience leading queue based teams, either in the Risk space or in an adjacent role
- Have experience in Risk, or have the confidence and desire to learn something new
- Have a strong ownership mindset. Set high standard of excellence both in your own work and your teams work
- Know how to logically problem solve with a goal of making product, teams and processes more efficient
- Top notch written and verbal communication skills - exhibiting a strong executive presence and ability to write with clarity and purpose
- Have outstanding attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Be comfortable juggling multiple projects, focus areas, and priorities
- Have a passion for leading teams and aiding career development in a non defined space
- Lead with empathy, trust and understanding and create a safe space for feedback
- Delight in providing an exceptional customer experience
- Comfortable leading in an environment that is constantly changing and growing
The total rewards package at Mercury includes base salary, equity (stock options), and benefits.
Our salary and equity ranges are highly competitive within the SaaS and fintech industry and are updated regularly using the most reliable compensation survey data for our industry. New hire offers are made based on a candidate’s experience, expertise, geographic location, and internal pay equity relative to peers.
Our target new hire base salary ranges for this role are the following:
- US employees in New York City, Los Angeles, Seattle, or the San Francisco Bay Area: $101,900 - $127,400 USD
- US employees outside of New York City, Los Angeles, Seattle, or the San Francisco Bay Area: $91,700 - $114,700 USD
- Canadian employees (any location): CAD 92,700 - 115,900