Mercury is building a complete finance stack for startups. We work hard to create the easiest and safest banking* experience possible to simplify entrepreneurs’ and business owners’ financial lives.
In order to achieve this vision, a robust risk management program that will seamlessly protect our customers, Mercury, and the broader financial ecosystem from bad actors and illegal activities is essential. We’re looking to hire a Risk Strategist who will advance our data-first approach to managing risk by surfacing key metrics, building automated and reliable reporting to cross-functional teams, and diving into complex data questions.
*Mercury is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services provided by Choice Financial Group and Evolve Bank & Trust®; Members FDIC.
As part of the journey, we would expect you to:
- Build observability for our internal operations through analytical deep dives and the development of key metric dashboards
- Be a primary resource for identifying gaps within our data and partner with Product, Eng, and Data Science to develop solutions
- Become an expert on measuring internal Risk operations
- Partner with cross-functional teams as a data expert to derive key insights from our product, processes, and user data
Some things that might make you successful in a role like this:
- Have 2+ years of experience in an analytical role
- Possess strong SQL skills and experience in applying those to improve and monitor business performance
- Have some experience with developing dashboards using data visualization tools
- Be comfortable with decision making in a fast paced, ambiguous environment, while demonstrating curiosity and growth mindset
The total rewards package at Mercury includes base salary, equity (stock options), and benefits.
Our salary and equity ranges are highly competitive within the SaaS and fintech industry and are updated regularly using the most reliable compensation survey data for our industry. New hire offers are made based on a candidate’s experience, expertise, geographic location, and internal pay equity relative to peers.
Our target new hire base salary ranges for this role are the following:
US employees (any location): $149,600 - $176,000 USD
Canadian employees (any location): CAD 136,100 - 160,200