Senior Program Manager - Risk Vendor Management
Mercury is building a complete finance stack for startups. We work hard to create the easiest and safest banking experience possible to simplify entrepreneurs’ and business owners’ financial lives.
In order to achieve this vision, it is essential to have a robust risk management program that will seamlessly protect our customers, Mercury, and the broader financial ecosystem from bad actors and illegal activities. We seek an experienced program manager who brings both strategic and operational abilities to lead vendor engagements including outsourced Risk operations and oversight of 3rd Party SaaS tooling. You will work closely with cross-functional leaders and operational teams across our Risk Engineering, Risk Policy and Risk operations functions.
The ideal candidate is passionate with expertise in risk mitigation, particularly in fin-tech or banking, and a strong background in vendor and outsourced operations management. As a Risk Ops Senior Program Manager, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to create outstanding user experiences. Your responsibilities include establishing clear goals, giving regular feedback on vendor performance, and ensuring alignment with KPIs.
As part of the journey, we would expect you to:
- Scale risk operational processes through procedural enhancements and tooling changes.
- Identify and address gaps in risk systems, policies, and procedures and recommend improvements.
- Develop business and operational metrics to identify risk trends and areas for improvement.
- Utilize internal analytics to create dashboards, pinpoint root causes, and drive corrective programs.
- Lead the identification, evaluation, negotiation, and management of strategic vendor partnerships to optimize the Risk function.
- Collaborate with risk operations, engineering, data science, and product teams to drive initiatives and programs across multiple risk disciplines.
Some things that might make you successful in a role like this:
- 5+ years of Program Management experience in Risk or Trust & Safety. Bonus: PMI certification such as PMP or PgMP.
- 3+ years leading third-party vendor operations, preferably in high-growth financial services or technology companies.
- Proficiency in process improvement, simplification, and reengineering.
- Strong understanding of risk operational processes.
- Comfortable influencing diverse stakeholders, including internal teams and external vendors.
- Decision-making prowess in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, coupled with curiosity and a growth mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Robust operational background with a track record of data-driven decision-making.
- Proven ability to execute complex initiatives from conception to launch.
- Analytical thinking, problem-solving skills, and the use of data for strategic recommendations to senior leadership and key stakeholders.
Join us in shaping the future of finance and be a key player in safeguarding Mercury and our customers against potential risks.
The total rewards package at Mercury includes base salary, equity (stock options), and benefits.
Our salary and equity ranges are highly competitive within the SaaS and fintech industry and are updated regularly using the most reliable compensation survey data for our industry. New hire offers are made based on a candidate’s experience, expertise, geographic location, and internal pay equity relative to peers.
Our target new hire base salary ranges for this role are the following:
- US employees in New York City, Seattle, Los Angeles or San Francisco: $167,200 - $196,700
- US employees outside of New York City, Seattle, Los Angeles or San Francisco: $150,500 - $177,000
- Canadian employees (any location): CAD 152,200 - 179,000
Mercury is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services provided by Choice Financial Group and Evolve Bank & Trust, Members FDIC.