Senior Risk Program Manager
Mercury is building a complete finance stack for startups. We work hard to create the easiest and safest *banking experience possible to simplify entrepreneurs’ and business owners’ financial lives.
To achieve this vision, it is essential to have a robust risk management program that will seamlessly protect our customers, Mercury, and the broader financial ecosystem from bad actors and illegal activities. We are looking for an experienced Senior Program Manager to lead our Risk Operations organizational governance efforts to ensure overall health of Risk organizational performance. The ideal candidate is passionate with expertise in risk mitigation, particularly in tech or banking, and a strong background in developing and maintaining performance metrics, including the development of dashboards and routine business reviews.
In this senior role, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams within Risk Operations, Strategy and Analytics, Compliance, Partner Requirements, and Internal Audit. You will influence and advise operational teams in building out scalable operational processes to ensure compliance with service level agreements, routine reporting, and overall risk mitigation.
The ideal candidate is excited about building things from the ground up and is passionate about building and maintaining relationships, educating others in a complex area of risk, influencing stakeholders to develop creative and scalable solutions. You recognize the power of data and are enthusiastic about developing metrics and implementing observability.
As part of the journey, we would expect you to:
- Build Mercury’s organizational governance and health framework from scratch
- Partner with internal and external teams to coordinate regulatory exams, financial partner audits, or internal business unit assessments
- Coordinate and maintain objectives and key results for the Risk Operations team
- Maintain regular communication with our cross-functional stakeholders, setting up recurring business meetings as necessary
- Partner with Risk operations and Strategy and Analytics teams to develop and maintain performance metrics, including performance dashboards and routine reporting
- Develop and own weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual business reviews for the Risk Operations team
Some things that might make you successful in a role like this:
- 5+ years of Program Management experience in Risk, Compliance or Trust & Safety. Bonus: PMI certification such as PMP or PgMP
- 5+ experience in risk or compliance within tech, fintech, or financial service spaces
- Experience defining and deploying org-wide metrics. Bonus: If advanced proficiency in SQL or other data analysis tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to execute complex initiatives from conception to launch
- Analytical thinking, problem-solving skills, and the use of data for strategic recommendations to senior leadership and key stakeholders
- Decision-making prowess in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, coupled with curiosity and a growth mindset
- Strong understanding of risk operational processes
- Comfortable influencing diverse stakeholders, including internal teams and external partners
- Bonus: Internal audit experience including issue tracking and remediation
- Bonus: Development and oversight of organization objectives and key results
The total rewards package at Mercury includes base salary, equity (stock options), and benefits.
Our salary and equity ranges are highly competitive within the SaaS and fintech industry and are updated regularly using the most reliable compensation survey data for our industry. New hire offers are made based on a candidate’s experience, expertise, geographic location, and internal pay equity relative to peers.
Our target new hire base salary ranges for this role are the following:
- US employees in New York City, Seattle, Los Angeles or San Francisco: $167,200 - $196,700
- US employees outside of New York City, Seattle, Los Angeles or San Francisco: $150,500 - $177,000
- Canadian employees (any location): CAD 152,200 - 179,000
**Mercury is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services provided by Choice Financial Group and Evolve Bank & Trust, Members FDIC.