Relationship Manager II
At Mercury, we’re building a better way to bank* for all types of businesses. We started by imagining what the best banking platform for startups would look like and in just a few short years we have over 100,000 customers using Mercury’s products, supporting their businesses as they grow. Our customers span many industries including AI-focused startups, climate tech, e-commerce, non-profit, crypto, just to name a few. Check out our demo at demo.mercury.com.
As a Relationship Manager at Mercury, your role involves honing and utilizing core customer-facing skills while actively engaging with mid-size clients to foster relationships through value-based conversations that seek to elevate their Mercury experience. We’re looking for professionals with 3+ years of experience in an RM or similar role.
Working with a larger book of accounts, your focus will be on Mercury's mid-size customers, typically earlier-stage companies. Directly collaborating with founders, you will navigate a blend of regular monthly engagement and purpose-driven discussions, all measured against quarterly retention and growth key performance metrics. This entails a low-touch/high-velocity approach, ensuring long-term client retention and development of your portfolio.
You will work closely with the Activation Team, Account Executives, Support team members, and Product. You will act as the internal champion for our customers being a crucial catalyst for product improvement. This position necessitates a proven capability and enthusiastic interest in enhancing our product, including a firm commitment to offering valuable and constructive feedback to drive ongoing improvements. As an early member of the RM team, you’ll also play a key role in shaping core processes and organizational structure as we scale.
What you’ll do:
- Account Management: Act as the primary point of contact for clients, cultivating enduring loyalty through value-added engagements. Utilize clear and concise communication to enhance the overall client experience and satisfaction.
- Operational Efficiencies: Proficiently manage a large portfolio, implementing strategic processes to ensure regular and effective engagement with clients, optimizing operational workflows for enhanced efficiency.
- Data & Tools: High level of comfort utilizing tools for communication and tracking analytics such as Salesforce, email management tools, such as Outreach, and customer data platforms such as Lantern.
- Account Growth: Upselling and cross-selling by introducing new features and products to our clients to drive product value and revenue.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate cross-functionally with sales, engineering, operations, and cross-functional partners to troubleshoot and help clients.
- Advocate / Voice of the Customer – Seek to listen, educate, and provide value to Mercury’s customers, acting as their internal advocate. Glean customer insights to help inform further product and business development.
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing Account Management, Customer Success, or Relationship Management role - bonus if in SaaS or FinTech spaces
- You have a track record of creating impact for your customers with a keen attention to process and detail
- You have a demonstrated track record of comfort with executive presence, showcasing the ability to engage effectively with high-level stakeholders and decision-makers, translating complex information into clear, concise messages that resonate at the executive level
- You have a bias toward action. You actively listen to customers’ goals, build and deliver high-quality and focused customer experiences that enable customers to get the most out of Mercury
- You’re excited to create and shape new processes and workflows as part of a new and fast-growing team
- You have excellent time management and are confident prioritizing across concurrent and time-sensitive projects and priorities
- You are an effective, concise, and clear communicator with the ability to match the tone of different audiences
- You are effective at building strong and enduring relationships with internal stakeholders with a focus on mutual goal setting and driving initiatives forward
*Mercury is a financial technology company, not a bank. Banking services provided by Choice Financial Group and Evolve Bank & Trust, Members FDIC.
The total rewards package at Mercury includes base salary, equity (stock options), and benefits.
Our salary and equity ranges are highly competitive within the SaaS and fintech industry and are updated regularly using the most reliable compensation survey data for our industry. New hire offers are made based on a candidate’s experience, expertise, geographic location, and internal pay equity relative to peers.
Our target new hire base salary ranges for this role are the following:
- US employees in New York City, Los Angeles, Seattle, or the San Francisco Bay Area: $126,800 - $149,200 USD
- US employees outside of New York City, Los Angeles, Seattle, or the San Francisco Bay Area: $114,100 - $134,300 USD
- Canadian employees (any location): CAD 115,400 - 135,800