Nautilus is building artificial intelligence to advance the efficiency of ocean commerce. We deliver technology to help shipping companies minimize fuel consumption, maximize operational efficiency, and optimize fleet performance. By arming ship owners and operators with real-time predictive decision support, Nautilus is reducing greenhouse gas emissions and making global trade sustainable.
Ocean shipping consumes over $100 billion dollars of fuel every year, and up to 30% of it can be saved. For owner-operators, reliance on manually collected and analyzed data makes it difficult to optimize fleet performance in real-time. By providing a unified data platform that leverages machine learning, Nautilus helps its clients make better decisions to maximize the return on each ship and every voyage. For our clients, this means they drive closer collaboration, greater transparency, and stronger accountability across their global teams every day.
We are hiring for an experienced Engineering Manager who wants to make an impact in a mission-driven, customer focused technology company in the maritime shipping industry. You are empathetic, biased for action, mission-driven, customer focused, and enjoy collaboration internally within their team and cross functionally with other departments to deliver cutting edge solutions.
Outcomes for this role.
In this role you will lead our Site Reliability and Platform team. To ensure that Nautilus Labs engineering operates in a highly effective manner, you will work with engineering teams to identify roadmaps to engineering excellence, prioritize effectively and lead the Site Reliability and Platform teams to deliver and be accountable for results. You will be a strong advocate for best practices and develop monitoring and alerting to hold us to high standards.
- 3+ years work experience leading software team(s)
- 3+ years of experience designing and deploying on Cloud on an infrastructure team
- Experience with Terraform and/or CloudFormation
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to take ownership of a cross-team project
- Results oriented with the ability to manage multiple parallel priorities
- BS in Computer Science, similar field of study or equivalent practical experience required.
Our core values.
Get ready to join a group of diverse, smart, talented, and driven individuals. We are looking for people who are motivated by environmentalism and a future where shipping is sustainable and safe. A team member joining Nautilus is...
- We’re THOUGHTFUL, with a bias towards action.
- We’re an INCLUSIVE crew, and we are not passengers along for the ride.
- We’re DIRECT and we ask the tough questions.
- We EMPATHIZE with humanity.
Location - Remote US
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pay: Commensurate with experience and based on location (base $160k-$220k + equity)
Something looks off?