Senior Credit Analyst
Nelo is a leading consumer fintech in Mexico. With over $120MM USD of annual payment volume, Nelo is building a modern alternative to a credit card, designed from first principles for a world of real-time and mobile payments. Our mission is to increase the buying power of consumers in Latin America.
Nelo has raised over $25MM of venture capital from investors including Homebrew, Two Sigma Ventures, Susa Ventures, and Addition. Nelo has additionally raised a $100MM asset credit facility from Victory Park Capital.
Nelo’s lean team includes experienced leaders from top technology and finance companies including Uber, DiDi, Affirm, and BBVA. We pride ourselves on our velocity, intellectual rigor, and efficiency.
Nelo has offices in Mexico City and New York City.
About The Role
As a Senior Credit Analyst at Nelo, you will be responsible for monitoring and optimizing our credit portfolio. This role sits within the Data team and works directly with Engineering and Product.
You will be responsible for creating credit policies for new initiatives and products, creating risk management strategies, and conducting ongoing testing and experimentation.
This role requires the use of data analytics to derive insights and develop credit strategies. Cross-functional collaboration is also needed. Working with the Analytics and Engineering teams to create underwriting models and risk management capabilities, with the Product teams to develop new products, with the Merchant Pricing team to evaluate merchants, and with the Finance team to facilitate discussions with debt and equity investors are parts of the role
We are looking for someone with a strong data sense and clarity of thought. You should be a great communicator and have the ability to drive impact based on your analyses.
This role is in-office in Mexico City or New York City.
- Partner with Data and Engineering on building risk analytics capabilities
- Use advanced data analytics and critical thinking to derive insights and optimize credit strategies
- Own risk initiatives within new product formation and new market exploration
- Monitor portfolio as well as macroeconomic trends impacting loan performance. Drive adjustments to our underwriting and marketing strategies to mitigate risk
- 3+ years of data analyst experience; consumer credit risk experience strongly preferred
- Advanced with SQL and Python
- Deep understanding of statistics
- Demonstrated ability to drive impact through analysis
Compensation and Benefits:
- Very competitive salary and equity
- 100% medical, dental & vision insurance coverage for you
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) for US-based employees
- Relocation support