Sales Development Representative
Nuvocargo is reinventing the $2 trillion freight forwarding industry. We are a digital-first freight forwarder using a mix of technology and exceptional service to help companies seamlessly move products across the Americas, starting with the biggest trade lane in the world: Mexico <-> USA cross-border trucking. We are excited to announce that in June 2023 Nuvocargo has raised a $36.5M Series B round led by QED investors at a valuation north of $250M, more than 40 percent higher than our valuation in December 2021
The opportunity for you:
As Sales Representative, you are responsible for generating leads that can eventually turn into customers. You are also in charge of filtering and evaluating marketing generated leads to ensure they are a good fit for our company. You will work closely with the sales team, assigning leads, retrieving feedback, and adapting prospecting strategies. Your work focuses on generating new potential clients and analyzing the current needs and priorities of the company.
As part of the Inside Sales team, you will develop sales and marketing programs and new product/market strategies as required to meet growth goals. You will also prospect, develop, and close strategic customers in the cross border logistics market and meet personal sales quotas.
What you'll do in a typical week:
- Prospect potential customers that fit Nuvocargo's short and long-term commercial and operational strategy.
- Assign potential customers to the sales team and retrieve feedback from them.
- Present Nuvocargo's value offers to potential customers making a strong emphasis on our digital services. You are expected to effectively communicate value to different stakeholders within our customer's organization.
- Review current sales pipeline and potential sales win. Manage sales team agendas and to-do's to ensure focused growth efforts.
- Communicate and collaborate with Marketing team to develop quality lead generation strategies
- Bring forward initiatives, plans and strategies to meet sales quotas and improve sales productivity.
What you know:
- 2 years of experience in Sales - preferable B2B sales experience.
- Knowledge using CRMs
- Comfortable working fast, high-paced environment
- Provide a proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
Who you are:
- You move with speed. You move incredibly fast, making decisions and overcoming obstacles with speed. You are not afraid of working with different stakeholders or getting into the nitty-gritty to make sure our efforts are implemented and have the highest impact.
- You are a great communicator. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with customers by phone & email. Proficiency in English and Spanish is a must.
- You are dependable and accountable. You can work independently and thrive as part of a team.
- You are proficient at designing and implementing a strategic sales plan that expands the company's customer base and ensures its strong presence.
- Prospecting and closing customers that fit the company's strategy and long-term goals.
- You are able to identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
What we offer:
- A unique & fun culture at the intersection of the freight and technology industries as well as between the USA and Latin American work cultures.
- Above market salary, benefits, and a robust employee stock ownership program to make you an owner and partner of the business.
- A chance to join the ground floor of a well-funded, fast-growing startup that is modernizing a trillion dollar industry critical to the global economy.
Nuvocargo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More about Nuvocargo:
International logistics is the multi-trillion dollar connective tissue of the world economy, but it's been slow to leverage the power of technology; it's finally going digital, and Nuvocargo is playing a big role in driving this historic shift.
We believe that true expertise in logistics cannot be automated and is incredibly valuable; however, we think software and technology can give logistics professionals superpowers to help provide shippers with the best service, and make everyone's lives easier.
We're growing quickly, and are backed by some of the world's best investors from both Silicon Valley and Latin America such as Tiger Global Management, The Flexport Fund, QED (founders of $60B+ Capital One), NFX (Silicon Valley fund with $10bn in exits), the founders of Nubank ($30B+), Loft ($3B+), Ramp ($2B+), and Rappi ($5B+), Y Combinator (~1% acceptance rate, created $300bn worth of startups), and angels who have built, excited, or currently sit on the board of companies worth over $100 billion.
We will be using the funds of the round to keep investing in Nuvo OS, expanding to serve all major border crossings, and ramp up our business development efforts to specifically help US-based brands simplify their US/MX OTR cross-border freight supply chains. We will also keep investing in scaling up our existing products: Freight, QuickPay, and Customs, with the funds of this round; just a few months ago, we announced our Customs product which is helping shippers centralize both Freight & Customs and resulting in an average of 33% faster border crossings, reducing vendor management, and giving clients deeper visibility at the border.
Read more about us here: www.nuvocargo.com/about and feel free to reach out with any questions.
We look forward to working with you!