Nuvocargo is reinventing the $2 trillion freight forwarding industry. We are a digital-first freight forwarder using a mix of technology and exceptional service to help companies seamlessly move products across the Americas, starting with the biggest trade lane in the world: Mexico <-> USA cross-border trucking. We are excited to announce that in June 2023 Nuvocargo has raised a $36.5M Series B round led by QED investors at a valuation north of $250M, more than 40 percent higher than our valuation in December 2021
The opportunity for you:
At Nuvocargo, we are looking for the best talent. As Customer Success Representative, you will focus on maintaining and growing our customer base and the fast-paced brokerage aspect at one of the fastest-growing cross-border freight brokers offering both carriers and shippers a differentiated value proposition through technology and attractive payment terms. This is an unique experience to work with many customers that are looking forward to speak with experts in the matter!
You will be a key member of the Customer Success Team, reporting directly to the Customer Success Manager responsible for the MOM growth of acquired customers as we continue to raise the bar to become one of the next unicorn companies in LATAM in the upcoming year!
What you'll do in a typical week:
- Have full ownership and knowledge of your customer base, understand client business goals. and anticipate future needs to deliver optimal customer experiences
- Work with internal teams to conduct pipeline, forecasting, and book reviews
- Build strategic plans and RFP’s, negotiate, and close deals with clients
- Find and enable up-selling and cross-selling opportunities within our customer base
- Conduct client visits for quarterly business reviews (QBR). The Customer Success Representative is the driver of the QBR’s and responsible for the coordination, pre-work (KPI’s report, “team backs”), and follow-ups and any other work deemed necessary to conduct a thorough QBR. Traveling onsite is required
- Be the internal advocate for customers and hold teams accountable of the client experience
- Manage customer expectations, aligning their needs with our product
What you know:
- Background in startups (nice to have).
- 2+ years as Sales, KAM, Customer Success, preferably in a B2B context.
- Digital tools (Office, ERP, CRM).
- Background in logistics
- English Intermediate to high.
- On field experience building strong, long-lasting senior-level client relationships.
- Proven success in meeting goals and KPIs in similar roles.
Who you are:
- You find joy in excellence. You love doing things the right way and are always looking for both incremental and critical ways to improve your work, your team, and your processes.
- You are customer driven and comfortable growing small and big accounts. You manage to build lasting and strong relationships with your customer base. You have a highly “customer centric” mindset.
- You are disciplined and organized. You have a proven ability to balance multiple priorities effectively & meet deadlines. Your best weapons are organization, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- You think BIG. Develop long lasting strategies no matter the size or industry. Can customize our product beyond the expected.
- You have empathy across cultures. Nuvocargo's culture lives at the intersection of Silicon Valley, the logistics industry, the US, and Latin America. You have the unique ability to communicate with teams from different work cultures and geographies and feel like this is the place where they will do their life's greatest work.
- You move with speed. You move incredibly fast, making decisions and overcoming obstacles with speed. You are nimble and help solve problems for your teams who are on the frontlines with decisiveness and empathy.
- You are both a great communicator and listener. You are great at synthesizing inputs from different sources; you speak and write clearly, concisely, and with a structure that gets everyone on the same page when things feel messy.
- You are low ego. Collaboration is your best method. You don’t care or remember who came up with the best idea. Sales leaders, carrier reps, operations reps, shippers, and carriers all love working with you because you make them all feel heard and you’re able to find a middle ground in dissenting opinions.
More about Nuvocargo:
International logistics is the multi-trillion dollar connective tissue of the world economy, but it's been slow to leverage the power of technology; it's finally going digital, and Nuvocargo is playing a big role in driving this historic shift.
We believe that true expertise in logistics cannot be automated and is incredibly valuable; however, we think software and technology can give logistics professionals superpowers to help provide shippers with the best service, and make everyone's lives easier.
We're growing quickly, and are backed by some of the world's best investors from both Silicon Valley and Latin America such as Tiger Global Management, The Flexport Fund, QED (founders of $60B+ Capital One), NFX (Silicon Valley fund with $10bn in exits), the founders of Nubank ($30B+), Loft ($3B+), Ramp ($2B+), and Rappi ($5B+), Y Combinator (~1% acceptance rate, created $300bn worth of startups), and angels who have built, excited, or currently sit on the board of companies worth over $100 billion.
We will be using the funds of the round to keep investing in Nuvo OS, expanding to serve all major border crossings, and ramp up our business development efforts to specifically help US-based brands simplify their US/MX OTR cross-border freight supply chains. We will also keep investing in scaling up our existing products: Freight, QuickPay, and Customs, with the funds of this round; just a few months ago, we announced our Customs product which is helping shippers centralize both Freight & Customs and resulting in an average of 33% faster border crossings, reducing vendor management, and giving clients deeper visibility at the border.
Read more about us here: www.nuvocargo.com/about and feel free to reach out with any questions.
We look forward to working with you!