Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer you will own and develop the Finance function including Financial Planning & Analysis and Finance Operations.
Responsible for financial reporting and plans including monthly budget to actual reporting, budget development, and quarterly re-forecasts. As a functional leader you will partner with other team leads in developing and executing against our long-term strategic plan. Together with your team, you will be charged with participating in fundraising activities & preparing materials for briefing our Executive Team and Board of Directors.
While this role is largely remote, we will only review candidate applications in the New York Metro area as in-person collaboration for select meetings will be required with Pattern Exec team.
What you will accomplish:
- Work with the senior leaders to solve strategic & financial challenges with a data-driven approach.
- Developing & implementing business plans & evaluating various initiatives, including new products, & allocating capital across them.
- Manage the finance team to set priorities, assign accountability, & assess performance.
- Promote a culture of high performance & continuous improvement that values learning & a high commitment to quality.
- Work closely with the legal on risk management & managing insurance programs.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Prepare the annual operating budget & drive quarterly re-forecasts.
- Lead long-term planning process across the organization & own the financial forecast.
- Provide frequent financial information & KPIs that allow our leadership team to reach & stay on track with our financial goals & metrics.
- Manage financial analysis to drive decision making for our leaders across diverse initiatives.
Accounting & Finance Operations
- With Accounting manage all aspects of compliance including state & local tax audits
- Support customer contracting including review of legal documents
- Ensure we have the right funding (both debt & equity) in all areas of the business & are properly capitalized at all times.
- Maintain & drive the roadmap for our finance systems.
- 8+ years of finance experience
- Previous experience overseeing Financial Planning & Analysis and experience managing finance operations
- Exceptional financial modeling and communication skills
- Previous experience (2+ years) in eCommerce
- Experience preparing materials to support investor relations.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The base salary range for this role is $150,000 - $180,000 depending on level, experience and qualifications of the candidate.
- All employees receive equity in the form of vesting stock options.
- Other benefits include company-sponsored health insurance, company-paid dental insurance, a generous PTO policy (20 days of vacation, 5 days of sick leave, plus company-paid holidays), as well as a company-sponsored 401(k) plan. We also provide an employee discount on products from Pattern's portfolio of brands.
About Pattern Brands
Pattern is a family of brands with the shared mission of enjoying daily life. Since its launch in 2019, Pattern has developed and brought to market two thoughtfully-made and design-forward home-centric brands: Open Spaces and Equal Parts, and it has acquired GIR, Letterfolk, Poketo, YIELD, Onsen, and Miracle. The team behind Pattern Brands formerly founded Gin Lane, a brand agency that built dozens of direct-to-consumer brands and digital experiences across industries for over a decade.
At Pattern, we’re building an inclusive team of diverse individuals as passionate about our mission as we are. We set out to ensure each member has the resources they need to thrive, create, and succeed.
As an equal opportunity employer, all persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, disability or handicap, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law (cancer or genetic characteristics), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.