Product Designer - Design
What you will do
- You will be one of the top design leaders at the company, and report directly into the Head of Product Design
- Work on projects across all teams at Plaid! You’ll rotate from an initiative to the other, always focused on the highest priorities across the company.
- Kickstart entirely new initiatives and set the vision for how they’ll evolve and impact our business over time (including emerging tech like AI, Web3, etc).
- Accelerate key company initiatives, partnering with other designers, and mentoring them along the way.
- Support our company-wide focus on pushing our consumer UX to the next level.
- Collaborate directly with our company leaders (CEO, CTO, Heads of Product, Engineering, etc) to drive vision, narrative, strategy.
- Lead large scale redesigns or vision setting exercises.
- Set the bar for product design excellence by ensuring solutions set high visual and interaction design quality standards.
- Collaborate with design leaders to support our team culture.
- Mentor senior product designers.
What excites you
- Shipping delightful and easy-to-use experiences, whether they’re for consumers or developers.
- Working on all types of problems: complex, ambiguous, large redesigns, small wins, internal demos, etc.
- Closely collaborating with engineering, product, and marketing team from planning through execution.
- Producing high-quality work that not only pushes the experience forward, but inspires others and raises the execution bar.
- Working directly with design, product and engineering leaders, helping craft compelling narratives, strategies, and inspiring demos.
- Joining a team of talented designers and contributing to our design culture through collaboration and leadership.
What excites us
- 8+ years of experience
- A portfolio demonstrating outstanding visual design, interaction design, problem-solving, and prototyping skills.
- Experience leading large-scale redesigns or net new products, working on complex or ambiguous problems, and on high-viability consumer apps.
- An outstanding communicator, storyteller, and facilitator, who can bring people together and build a shared understanding with an inspiring vision and narrative.
- Expert in creating interface architecture & systems for other designers to work within, and an ability to create or expand components at a system level.
- Someone who is proactive, organized, curious, pragmatic, and can prioritize their own work independently to maximize their impact at the company.
Something looks off?