At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
At Plaid, we work at the intersection of technology and finance on disruptive innovations that require creative and pragmatic legal solutions. We deal with novel issues every day that require cross-functional work across Plaid’s risk, product, engineering, and business teams. We’re looking for a thoughtful and detailed-oriented paralegal to join our growing legal team as a Corporate Paralegal.
Based in one of our office hubs (SF, NY, DC) and reporting to Plaid’s Lead Corporate Counsel, in this role you will be primarily responsible for providing organizational and substantive support to the Corporate Legal Team on corporate governance, capital markets, and equity compensation matters. We’re looking for a collaborative and motivated team member with excellent organizational skills who can juggle multiple tasks and projects efficiently.
What excites you
- Support corporate secretary function on governance matters, including support for parent and subsidiary Board and committee meetings, preparation and management of minutes, maintenance of corporate registrations, and other corporate recordkeeping duties
- Support for stock administrator function through management of stock transfer documentation, tracking of equity awards, market research for Section 701 disclosures, and maintenance of Plan documents
- Support corporate legal team in all stages of capital markets and corporate development transactions, including diligence and closing
- Assist corporate legal team in providing general support to finance, tax and accounting teams on a broad range of matters
- Assist the corporate legal team on other special projects as assigned
What excites us
- 5+ years of relevant paralegal experience at a law firm or in-house
- Proficient with Google docs, Google sheets, Adobe Pro and DocuSign
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong project-management skills, able to handle multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills; able to communicate effectively to stakeholders at all levels
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, able to timely deliver consistently high quality work product
- Collaborative team player, eager to help others
- Excellent judgment and discretion
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here