We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
The Developer Foundations and Data Platform team is responsible for building and operating Plaid's cloud infrastructure, CI/CD systems, Observability systems, data infrastructure, ML infrastructure, and analytics infrastructure. The team is responsible for providing rock-solid foundational capabilities to Plaid’s engineers, data scientists and analysts so that they can build excellent products for our customers at a fast pace. The team is distributed across the US and Europe.
As a leader of this team, you will work with Product and Engineering leaders across Plaid to create an ambitious vision to drive significant improvements to infrastructure reliability, engineering productivity and cost efficiency. You will hire as well as grow existing team members, and collaborate exceptionally well with key stakeholders to accomplish this vision. You will promote a culture of engineering excellence, with a strong bias towards delivering impact. You will play an important leadership role in shaping Plaid’s Platform team as well as Plaid’s engineering organization.
What excites you
- Lead our engineering teams to focus on reliability, cost efficiency, developer experience to scale and meet business needs and internal customer needs.
- Lead our data infra, ML infra and analytics infra teams to drive data driven decisions.
- Promote our values and engineering excellence in the organization.
- Partner effectively with leaders in Platform and with key stakeholders across the organization to create a multi-year vision and roadmap to achieve business goals.
What excites us
- 5+ years of experience leading software engineering teams.
- 2+ years of experience as a manager of managers.
- Experience leading teams that build and operate highly reliable infrastructure.
- Excellent communication and cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Have experience with AWS or other Cloud provider’s technologies, and other 3rd party technologies.
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here