At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
Plaid’s Strategic Finance team plays a critical role in shaping our long-term business strategy and execution. This team helps provide analytical rigor and data-driven insights to drive success across the entire organization. The Strategic Finance team’s purpose is to support Plaid in achieving its short-term and long-term strategic goals and help inform, articulate, and shape Plaid’s growth trajectory.
In this role, you will drive initiatives including Plaid's topline forecasting, designing analytical and financial frameworks to optimize decision-making, and providing our management team, Board, and employees with insights about our performance. You will be highly analytical and strategic, and navigate seamlessly navigate between complex details and the big picture.
What excites you...
- Evaluating areas of growth and investment for Plaid by assessing total addressable market, revenue opportunities, unit economics, and investment costs
- Collaborating with business leaders to provide analytical support and frameworks to optimize decision making
- Maintaining Plaid’s revenue model and developing analytical models used to guide the company's growth trajectory
- Optimizing financial KPIs and building financial metrics dashboard to update the Executive team and improve internal communication and transparency
- Preparing materials to internal and external stakeholders on company performance
- Leading special projects by business partnering with various stakeholders to improve financial health of the company
- Benchmarking Plaid’s operational and financial metrics against peers
- Helping recruit a world-class Strategic Finance team at Plaid
What excites us...
- 2-4 years of work experience including investment banking, private equity, venture capital or consulting
- Passion for financial services innovation and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Strong analytical, financial modeling, problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners and distill complex issues into structured frameworks and action plans
- A penchant for impact and ownership
- Knowledge of SQL or strong desire to learn
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here