Experienced Software Engineer - Classic Access
- If you want to have a huge impact on Plaid’s top company goals, helping to build and maintain a majority of Plaid’s business-critical data access from US institutions, this is the role for you!
- Work with stakeholders, product, and across teams to set the technical strategy and roadmap, and contribute to the product strategy and roadmap for the team. Ideate opportunities, identify challenges, and advocate for high impact projects. Ensure the roadmap aligns with org and company-wide strategies.
- Support or lead projects to build tools and scalable solutions to improve the quality/conversion of existing integrations and increase the coverage of financial institutions supported via integrations.
- Build new and maintain existing integrations with financial institutions so that end users can connect their accounts with Plaid customers.
- Grow and mentor other engineers. Provide consistent, high quality peer feedback. Work with your manager to identify opportunities for peer growth.
- Provider consistent, high quality feedback on technical and product design documents and code reviews that incorporates industry best practices and fosters a high bar of engineering maturity.
- Be a trusted member of the oncall rotation. Ideate and advocate for technical and process changes, following operational best practices, to increase system reliability
- We're guided by our principles, including impact, know your customer, grow together, HEART (humility, energy, ambition, resilience, teamwork). We are looking for leaders who are motivated by those same principles.
- 5 to 8 years of production experience, core fundamentals, and a strong command of at least one language.
- Someone who actively considers the fine balance between shipping speed and perfection.
- Background in computer science, engineering, or another related field and a track record of building interesting projects.
- Impact driven. You understand that building the right tools and systems can impact millions of users.
- Adaptability. Most of our engineers work across the entire stack, touching everything from the front-end, mobile, and our core infrastructure.