Experienced Software Engineer - Developer Efficiency
- Make significant individual coding contributions, drive technical design reviews, and review code in their area of technical responsibility. Projects should be focused on improving the productivity of Plaid’s internal engineers, while managing the cost efficiency of our team’s infrastructure.
- Turn ambiguous problems into concrete technical roadmaps, and help other senior engineers grow into TLs that can drive the roadmap for their respective workstreams.
- Drive technical direction on engineering projects across multiple internal workstreams, while factoring in the requirements of key stakeholders such as Core Infrastructure and Security.
- Experience with architecting a company’s testing and deployment strategy across CI and CD.
- Experience with driving difficult technical decisions and significant architecture migrations.
- Experience with build systems such as Bazel or Buck, while scaling a monorepo or polyrepo.
- Extensive experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Protocol Buffers, and Golang.
- Strong code-reviewing skills, and an ability to improve an existing code-base.
- Solid understanding of how to drive internal operational maturity (e.g. SLIs and SLOs).
- Excellent communication and cross-functional collaboration skills.