Head of Content
- Develop Content Marketing strategy that drives brand awareness, engagement and conversion.
- Develop and define the editorial strategy that supports Plaid’s brand voice and brings the brand and product to life across channels and media types.
- Oversee organic social strategy and manage our Social Media Lead to develop an engaging social presence for Plaid that grow comprehension for our offering and trust in our brand.
- Partner with internal channel owners and teams (email, paid, sales) to build a content distribution strategy and roadmap, including publishing and targeted amplification. Lead the editorial calendar process as well as the creation of content assets.
- Partner with Plaid’s SEO lead to evolve content distribution strategy to grow linkback and SEO rankings for Plaid.
- Partner with Plaid’s website lead and engineering team to continue to evolve and optimize our website to surface the best and most relevant content to our readers, driving engagement and conversion.
- Work in conjunction with Customer Marketing to develop customer testimonials, interviews, event recaps, etc. to bring Plaid’s dedication and impact to its customers to life.
- Partner with Comms team to develop a cohesive influencer strategy across channels.
- Manage external content contractors to ensure they are executing against Content Marketing Strategy and driving measurable business results.
- Consistently measure, analyze and report ongoing content performance against key performance indicator and optimize our strategy and execution.
- 10+ years of content marketing experience, including working on a digital brand.
- Demonstrated ability to establish, maintain and continually improve editorial processes and workflows.
- Strong analytical skills and a passing for unearthing what makes content successful and building on it.
- Experience in B2B content marketing. Personal finance and tech experience preferable.
- Understand the customer journey to inform content opportunities to help remove barrier to conversion.
- Deep content strategy skills with proven track record for using content to drive business results.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver engaging, creative content for multiple channels in a variety of formats.
- Experience distributing content through multiple channels including editorial partnerships and social media.
- Strong leadership and management skills with direct reports, internal teams and external partners.
- Management experience, both internal as well as freelancers and agency partners.