Risk Analyst - Payments Compliance
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
At Plaid, we're convinced that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools that thousands of developers use to create their own products.
The Customer Oversight Team at Plaid is a cross functional team whose responsibility is to enable the business by reducing the likelihood and impact of Customer Risks in the ecosystem while maximizing Customer onboarding velocity. Plaid sits in the middle of this ecosystem, and we're the gateway used by our customers to build, launch, and scale FinTech applications that democratize financial services. In this role, you will be directly responsible for helping Plaid execute, optimize, and scale payments related operational workflows.
This role will require cross-functional collaboration with Go-To-Market (GTM), ACH Operations, AML Compliance, and Product teams, as well as our banking partners, to ensure that Plaid is able to successfully and efficiently qualify GTM opportunities from a payments compliance perspective, and guide them through the onboarding funnel.
You’ll perform customer application reviews, and transaction analysis for possible suspicious activities to ensure compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, the USA Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets & Control. You’ll provide research and evaluation of anti-money laundering (AML) reviews and accurately and sufficiently document analysis and findings. Other main responsibilities include conducting onboarding reviews, watchlist screening, KYC, ongoing monitoring, transactions monitoring, fraud monitoring, enhanced due diligence, customer auditing, proof of authorizations, and escalation of Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR).
- Building and maintaining highly effective cross functional relationships in a product focused organization.
- Interfacing directly with GTM teams and prospective customers to ensure an efficient onboarding experience for money movement products.
- Partnering with GTM to help identify high potential prospects, identify prospect risk profiles, and perform customer onboarding diligence adjusted to a prospect’s risk profile.
- Interfacing with both our banking partners and customers throughout the customer onboarding process.
- Actively identifying and exploiting opportunities to increase the efficiency of the customer diligence process for money movement related products.
- Working directly with Plaid customers to compile onboarding & compliance requirements, as well as additional due diligence requests.
- Being a key resource in developing, implementing, and enhancing internal policies and procedures required of a rapidly evolving risk management function.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in financial services, preferably with a major payments company, regulated US bank, or fintech company.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study (Business, Finance, Economics, CS, etc.,)Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in commonly used office productivity, communication, and collaboration tools (e.g. Google Workplace, MS Office Suite, Slack).
- Ability to work independently, and from within a team, in a face-paced, demanding, and ever-changing environment; must work well under pressure.
- Has a growth mindset and is eager to learn and acquire context by executing operational workflows.
- Exposure and intellectual curiosity about finance, economics, technology, and fintech.
- Enthusiastic about being part of a highly evolving cross functional team in a rapidly growing organization.
- Looking to make a significant impact on the future of financial services.
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.