Revenue Accounting Manager- Operations
Accounting & Finance, Operations
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
Plaid’s Revenue Accounting team oversees the entire order to cash process and is responsible for billing operations, revenue recognition, reporting and collection. We partner with our cross-functional teams in Sales, Commercial, Engineering, and Business Operations.
Plaid is looking for a Revenue Operation Manager to join our growing revenue accounting team to work in this dynamic, fast pace and high growth environment. In this role, you will drive the improvement of order to cash process. The ideal candidate for this role will have strong communication and project management skills, good understanding of revenue recognition under ASC 606 for SaaS companies, high proficiency in partnering with cross-functional teams to and drive for operational efficiency and process improvement. This role will report to the Sr. Revenue Accounting Manager.
- Own billing and order management function in line with industry best practice and ASC 606
- Responsible for collaborating with the GTM teams to ensure contracts are reviewed and processed in a timely and accurate manner
- Billing subject matter expert collaborating with GTM teams, Commercials, Business Operations, and RevOps to provide guidance to support the topline growth for the company while balancing operational needs
- Identify opportunities for process optimization and automation within the quote to cash process, and collaborate with GTM and System teams around enhancements to our contract management and billing and collection systems, to ensure GAAP and SOX compliance
- Lead ad hoc system implementation projects to drive process improvements
- Assist with collections and process improvement in the AR area
- Perform sales enablement training to improve upstream data hygiene for order management
- Participate in monthly revenue and AR close process and ensure timely and accurate billing for customers, oversee correct accounting treatment in the Billing and AR area including oversight of account reconciliations, credit memos, AR allowance, and bad debt analysis and reserve
- Compile and analyze quote-to-cash data, producing regular reports, metrics and insights for management and relevant partners.
- 5+ years of revenue operation in-house experience or a combination of experience working in a public accounting firm and/or related SaaS experience preferred
- Strong understanding of order-to-cash process
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Knowledge of revenue recognition under ASC 606
- Expert in project management, system design and implementation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate business requirement to engineers and system experts in a clear, logical manner
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and at various levels within a company
- High degree of comfort navigating and reconciling large data sets across multiple sources
- Experience with Salesforce and NetSuite (or another major ERP)
- Highly organized, and attention to detail, with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and delve deep into processes and systems
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving skills, with the capacity to identify issues and implement solutions proactively
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, with the ability to manage multiple tasks, priorities and deadlines
- CPA or equivalent preferred
Our mission at Plaid is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. To support that mission, we seek to build a diverse team of driven individuals who care deeply about making the financial ecosystem more equitable. We recognize that strong qualifications can come from both prior work experiences and lived experiences. We encourage you to apply to a role even if your experience doesn't fully match the job description. We are always looking for team members that will bring something unique to Plaid!
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.