Associate Technical Designer
What You'll Do:
- Master and uphold Primary’s brand standards to ensure high quality and a consistently excellent fit in everything we produce.
- Effectively collaborate with internal partners including design, sourcing, and merchandising.
- Work closely with the internal and external teams to track samples and adhere to the development calendar.
- Maintain established fit, construction, and safety standards by producing accurate specification packages including sketch details, base size specifications, grading, and construction.
- Prepare, photograph, and measure all fit samples prior to and during live-model fittings.
- Evaluate all fit samples to determine compliance with specifications and that construction and fit are to Primary’s standards.
- Own communication with overseas vendors through written fit comments, sketches, and/or pattern corrections.
- Efficiently organize and prioritize workload to meet all deadlines for tech packs and fit comments.
- Organize and file samples into sample library; know sample library well to quickly pull samples to reference during meetings.
- Support additional technical design projects and initiatives as needed.
What You'll Bring
- Associate’s degree in Apparel Design/Patternmaking or equivalent plus 1-2 years experience in Technical Design. Children’s wear experience is ideal but not required.
- Proficient in product lifecycle management (we use Bamboo Rose - if you’re not familiar, you’re a quick and eager learner!)Strong knowledge of pattern making, garment construction, sewing techniques, fabrication, and trim.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Power Point, Word, Excel, Outlook/Gmail.
- Superior organizational skills; meticulous attention to detail. Strong presentation skills & excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Do These Sound Like You?
- You’re a self-starter and are proud to own your work. You have the ability to multitask, you prioritize your workload, and you take responsibilities for deadlines. You have a strong sense of urgency and flexibility.
- You love to use creative problem-solving skills, and you excel working in a fast-paced environment.
- You effectively balance creativity with technical capability and logical thinking. You are curious and solution-oriented - someone who seeks both the “how” and the “why”.
- You are a collaborator who values integrity, innovation, respect, and excellence.
- You are passionate about Primary’s brand and its commitment to quality and about growing the business (and as a result approach every day as a business owner!).