What You’ll Do:
- Supervise and manage the current third-party accounting team. Make resource recommendations including potential trade-offs of bringing full function in-house.
- Lead full cycle accounting and month close procedures with assistance from the current third-party accounting team, including delivering on bank and management reporting in a timely manner.
- Oversee accounts payable with support of the third-party team.
- Lead annual financial statement audit conducted by a public accounting firm.
- Lead additional annual financial examinations required by our banks for annual compliance reporting (e.g. annual field exam and inventory appraisal).
- Partner with FP&A team on monthly and intra-month reporting and forecasting; especially as it relates to operating expenses and working capital cycles.
- Lead special projects including integration of inventory management with Netsuite.
- Design and lead quarterly balance sheet reconciliation processes.
- Manage and ensure compliance with tax reporting, including year-end state & federal income tax, ongoing state & local sales tax, as well as other business tax filings (e.g. franchise, etc).
- Identify and surface issues – communicate timely and put together action plans to reconcile and ensure precision of accounting estimates.
- Lead other ad-hoc projects as needed.
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years of experience in accounting, with 5+ years leading an in house team.
- MUST have experience with inventory accounting in a manufacturing setting; FOB strongly preferred.
- Experience leading accounting for a similarly sized start-up ($50-$100M).
- Prior hands-on experience with systems integration (e.g. integrating a third-party warehouse management system with Netsuite).
- Ability to leverage technology and software to streamline recurring month-end processes including automation of checks and balances.
- Extreme comfort in Excel including writing semi-advanced formulas to summarize large datasets.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with ability to set and achieve deadlines.
- Strong ability to communicate and partner across all levels of the organization.
- Experience in Netsuite
- Education and certifications: BS or BA in accounting, MS in accounting and / or CPA