Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Regal.io empowers businesses to add a human touch at key moments in their online experiences in order to win customers over and drive more sales. Our branded, event-driven calls and texts skyrocket answer rates by treating customers like royalty, and drive 25%+ more revenue. Growing revenue is the top priority for every C-level executive. Marketing spend and website optimization is table stakes already, and now the fastest growing businesses are adding a human touch to better convert website visitors. 100+ leading brands including SoFi, Ro, Angi, The Farmer's Dog, Fidelity Life, Career Karma and AAA use Regal.io to proactively engage their customers in real-time with event-driven calls and text messages, which result in higher conversion and more revenue.
Our team is led by industry veterans who previously built Handy (acq. by IAC / ANGI Homeservices in ‘18), and the rest of our team is made up of customer-obsessed, fun and hardworking team members across product, engineering, marketing, sales and more! We share common set of values that we look for in every new hire:
*Customers are royalty
*Data beats opinion
*Fast-paced execution wins
*Enjoy the journey
Come join us as we create a category-defining company, and follow Regal's company page on LinkedIn to stay up-to-date on our journey and current job openings!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking to add Senior Software Engineers as we grow our highly motivated team. Regal.io enables brands to proactively communicate with prospects and customers over several channels including VOIP, SMS, and email through an intuitive web-based application that brings together all channels into a single view alongside the relevant context about a user. We make use of Twilio's APIs, as well as Regal.io's event-streaming architecture, to deliver timely, relevant, and customer-friendly conversations at scale.
Libraries / Frameworks: React, Nest.js, GraphQL
Programming Languages: Typescript, Python
Infrastructure: Postgres, Redis, Kinesis, DynamoDB
- Be a key contributor for the Manager Experience product which enables brand administrators to proactively manage both the cadence of interaction the customers have with the brand as well as monitor and improve their own agents
- Improve the observability and throughput of our Journey Automation platform
- Understand the ins and outs of Twilio APIs and AWS services that we rely on
- Act as a force multiplier for the engineering team on building new functionality - including digging into the code to unblock them, helping them with design and technology adoption choices, and acting as a mentor
- Set standards across the Engineering team for best practices, scalability, maintainability, performance
- Set standards for monitoring system performance and debugging / investigating issues
- Provide on-call support for the application and work to triage production issues
- 5+ years experience working with web technologies ideally in a high-growth environment
- Fluent in Node.js with Typescript backends and working knowledge of React frontends
- Proficient in working with Postgres (Nice to have: DynamoDB)
- Experience building and scaling systems in production
- Capable of working directly with Product to execute on highly complex projects leading multiple resources
- Passionate about quality of code and systems and able to balance both technical and business concerns
- Enthusiastic about the high-impact, fast-paced work environment of an early-stage startup
- Passion for learning and mentoring -- always improving yourself and the team around you
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Competitive compensation packages, including early stage equity
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO & 11 paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision insurance (80% covered by Regal for individuals and all dependents!)
- Paid parental leave
- Growth Mindset learning and development stipend
- Happy hours, team outings, & annual offsites!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
- & more!
We have offices in NYC (NoMad) & Boston (Downtown/Financial). In office is required T/W/TH. Office optional M/F. Covid protocols and vaccination policy in place.