V-BAT Air Vehicle Operator (R1910)
Six different teams and opportunities you could work for:
- Deployed Operations – AVOs support DoD and foreign customers in an operational capacity during maritime and land-based OCONUS deployments.
- Training/Instructor – AVOs develop and teach programs of instruction based on an institutional and operational knowledge of the V-Bat system and air vehicle operations.
- Demo/Business Development – AVOs perform flight demonstrations for potential customers in both CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- Production Flight Testing – AVOs test newly produced V-Bat systems and rely on pilot and maintenance skills to ensure quality control and fleet readiness.
- Engineering Research & Development – AVOs perform research and development flights and push the boundaries of innovation in the unmanned air vehicle space.
- Support SME – The UAS Support SME will delight customers (internal and external) by providing advanced (L2) troubleshooting and support for issues encountered in the field. In addition to serving as link between our engineers and our customers, this role will assist in documenting and developing a robust knowledge base including troubleshooting guides, system FAQs, and training support materials.
- Experimental Flight Testing – Operators will collaborate with engineering teams to execute integration, ground tests, and flight tests, ensuring seamless interactions between various components and systems of the V-Bat UAV platform. They will provide regular and insightful feedback to flight test engineers, flight control engineers, propulsion engineers, ground control station development engineers, technical directors, and product managers. Your inputs will be crucial in refining and enhancing the platform's performance. This role will also contribute to the development of comprehensive training materials, Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and technical documentation. Lastly, you will actively participate in brainstorming sessions and discussions on improvements, optimizations, and innovations for the V-Bat platform. Your insights will contribute to its growth and evolution and help pave the way for the effective utilization and maintenance of current and future variants of the V-Bat system.
- Ability to work independently and lead in a small team environment, often in austere locations, while delighting the customer
- Ability to pass background check and drug screening in accordance with company policy
- Ability to pass medical and dental screenings as required by customers
- Ability to possess a Secret DoD security clearance as required by customers
- Prior experience with other manned or unmanned systems
- Prior military service with overseas assignments
- Maritime/shipboard UAS experience
- FAA Ratings (Part 107/Private Pilot/Commercial/Instrument/CFI)
- A&P certified