Staff Subcontracts Management (R2272)
What You'll Do:
- This position reports directly to the Supply Chain Manager and may have opportunities for leadership roles.
- Responsible for effectively managing their requirements, which includes purchase requisitions, solicitation packages, negotiations, management of suppliers and ultimately on time delivery of their subcontracted items.
- These requirements are to be secured at cost, quality, and delivery competitive levels consistent with company policy and performance standards.
- Develop and negotiate subcontracts, arrange payments, and analyze sales records.
- Negotiate pricing and delivery terms, purchase and schedule orders for raw material, services, fixed assets, and tooling.
- Track deliveries as required for factory operations.
- Perform tactical purchasing duties (expedites, defers, past due follow ups, etc.)
- Generate SOWs and provide inputs to SOWs
- Utilize Supplier Management Teams to manage suppliers
- Responsible for evaluating supplier performance and monitoring supply changes
- Works relatively independent of management to resolve shortages.
- Responsible for communicating material status to production and management.
- Effectively manage complex suppliers and commodities
- Proactively resolve problems and discrepancies with pricing, delivery, and quality of purchased commodities.
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with internal customers.
- Maintain and comply with company procedures as well as Customer requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5-7 years of relevant sub-contract management experience (preferable working knowledge of the FAR/DFAR)
- 7-10 years of relevant procurement experience in a manufacturing environment
- Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
- Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain management
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with high attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritization
- Sound interpersonal skills and ability to be a team player
- Excellent Computer skills - Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with ERP systems (Deltek/Costpoint a plus)
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Good follow-though skills with a strong sense of urgency required.
- Masters degree
- Experience with USG acquisitions, especially FAR and DFARs
- Experience in the A&D industry
- Experience as part or a lead of a Supplier Management Team (SMT)
- International subcontracts experience
- Experience with complex SOW creation and negotiation
- Experience in medical, production or pharmaceutical field
- PMP certification
- Master’s Degree
- STEM degree
- Experience with electronics, composites, harnesses, payloads, propulsion or other highly complex SOW type acquisitions