Engineering Manager, PAC (R2124)
What you’ll do:
- Manage the Action Group, which consists of the Motion team and the Controls team (e.g. career & technical mentorship, performance reviews, 1:1’s, etc.).
- Lead and mentor the team through technical execution of work, roadmapping, sprint/agile processes, software best practices, experimental analyses, removing blockers, etc.
- Grow the team by identifying skill and capacity shortages, then generating and executing to hiring plans
- Collaborate with our engineers, program, and product managers to define a technical roadmap for future autonomy solutions.
- Work on systems related to trajectory optimization, motion primitive libraries, robust & adaptive control, system identification, aerodynamics, rigid body dynamics, etc.
- Architect core systems that must be portable and scalable across different UAS platforms and compute architectures (including soft and hard real-time operating systems)
Projects that you might work on:
- Improving flight performance and reliability of the V-BAT
- Architecting and implementing motion planning algorithms for teams of V-BATs
- Port core Action libraries to EdgeOS, a Shield AI Middleware framework, that enables portability of PAC libraries to multiple platforms and compute architectures
- Design and implement an analysis and simulation framework that: enables testing of various components in isolation or in a fully integrated manner; supports parameter sweeps; supports hardware-in-the-loop
- 5+ years of experience in engineering autonomous systems or equivalent engineering roles
- 2+ years of people leadership experience
- BS in aerospace engineering, computer science, or related engineering field
- Experience with C++ 11 or newer in a production environment
- Experience in a collaborative development environment, focused on continuous integration/delivery & test-driven development
- Experience with flight testing, analysis methods, and data processing
- Strong knowledge of modern software engineering best practices
- Demonstrated record of working hard, strong communication skills, being a trustworthy teammate, and being kind to others
- Strong organizational skills
- Familiarity with Matlab, Simulink, Python, git
Something looks off?