Staff Software Foundations Test Engineer, San Diego (R2138)
What you'll do:
- Develop and execute test plans, test cases, and test scripts for embedded systems and operating system software components
- Identify, analyze, and document software defects, issues, and inconsistencies in software behavior
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including software development and other test teams, to ensure seamless integration and alignment of testing efforts
- Drive continuous improvement in testing methodologies, tools, and processes
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of test documentation, including test plans, test reports, and test coverage matrices
- Participate in design and code reviews to identify potential issues and ensure the quality of software components
- Mentor and guide other test engineers, sharing knowledge and best practices to enhance the team's skills and expertise
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders, including development teams, project managers, and other test teams
- Monitor industry trends and advancements in testing methodologies and tools, ensuring the Hivemind Test department stays at the forefront of innovation
Projects that you might work on:
- Develop and implement test plans and test cases for an advanced hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) simulation system, ensuring thorough testing of software components and their interaction with hardware.
- Collaborate with software development teams to define and execute system-level tests for new aircraft platform software, ensuring proper functionality and performance under various operating conditions.
- Identify and investigate software defects, working closely with development teams to reproduce and resolve issues, and provide detailed documentation and analysis.
- Evaluate and implement testing tools and frameworks for use in the validation and verification of software components, ensuring alignment with industry best practices and company objectives.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of test processes and methodologies by researching and implementing new testing techniques and technologies, ensuring a robust and efficient testing environment.
Required qualifications and competencies:
- Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 5 years experience; or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of real-world experience building test plans or automated test solutions for embedded systems. Ideally in the avionics, robotics, automotive, or defense industries.
- Strong understanding of software testing methodologies, techniques, and tools, with a focus on embedded systems and operating systems
- Proficiency in programming languages, such as C, C++, or Python
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and debugging skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional team
- Software management tools (Git, AzureDevOps/Jira, Artifactory)
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
- You are capable of managing cross-functional software projects and achieving high quality execution
- You can make great plans to resource and roadmap projects to maximize business impact balanced with high quality engineering
- Experience in the aerospace or defense industries, working with complex systems and adhering to stringent standards and regulations
- Familiarity with real-time operating systems, such as VxWorks, RTLinux, or QNX
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects, manage resources, and build teams
- Adaptability and a willingness to learn new technologies and methodologies quickly
Something looks off?