Sr. Manager/Director of User Experience Design (R2137)
What you'll do
- Lead a multidisciplinary product UX design team, to effectively deliver design solutions, across several projects and products.
- Mentor team by establishing clear career paths, regular coaching, and proactively identifying future organizational needs.
- Ensure human centered design thinking is applied, to create cohesive and delightful experiences that span hardware, software and content.
- Deliver strategic and innovative UX experiences that align with business goals and target user needs across web, desktop, and mobile platforms.
- Create and characterize actionable processes leveraged by the UX Design team to execute in alignment with Engineering processes.
- Partner with Program Management and Engineering teams to solve for customer needs.
- Supporting R&D, technological story-telling projects.
- Work at the intersection of design and development to translate product requirements into design specifications, user journey maps and workflows.
- Ensure maintenance and growth of design system and UI consistency and quality across company platforms.
- Lead customer reviews, and usability events to gather feedback and data on design effectiveness.
- Conduct competitive and industry research to understand the needs, pain points, and use cases of our customers.
- Help to build a strong design culture within the organization.
- Challenge and disrupt the existing UX patterns and standards in the defense industry.
- 15 years of experience in product design, with at least 5 of those years leading design teams.
- Strong knowledge of and passion for user-centered design principles and Design Thinking methodologies.
- 2+ years of experience with UAVs and/or aviation
- Ability to work cross-functionally with ease.
- Experience designing user experiences, from mockups to functional prototypes.
- Keen eye for details, color use, typography, and consistency in design.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Creative and excited about working on products to further the Shield AI mission.
- Demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others.
- Alignment with our values.
- User Experience degree, Human Factors degree, Human Computer Interaction degree, portfolio showcasing design process for at least two products/projects