Manager, Government Compliance (R2155)
- Support the Financial Risk Management group and work under the supervision of the Senior Government Compliance Manager
- Provide subject matter expertise on Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFARS), US Government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and other business systems requirements to ensure business practices, procedures, and related internal controls are compliant with Federal laws and regulations.
- Manage a direct report and ad hoc teams in all government accounting compliance aspects.
- Support cost accounting and compliance aspects related to new acquisitions, development of new business systems, changes in government regulations and company policies.
- Lead the preparation of the government-required submissions, including annual Incurred Cost Submissions, provisional billing rates (PBR), CASB Disclosure Statements, and cost impact analysis when applicable.
- Providing government accounting and compliance advisory services to other teams.
- Monitor new and revised regulations and other changes to government accounting principles and practices. Advise management on potential effects of new or revised policies and practices and prepare a cost impact when applicable. Update government accounting practices to align with the updated regulatory requirements.
- Monitor and report on internal control gaps and associated corrective action plans.
- Interface with Government auditors on accounting matters and serve as primary point of contact for DCAA and DCMA audits and inquiry matters. Drafts and coordinates review of responses to Government requests and maintain adequate records to support Government audits and fact finding.
- Assist in developing and delivering training programs to assure that company personnel have the job knowledge to fulfill obligations imposed by Government/contracts accounting and business system requirements.
- Lead internal compliance monitoring activities for labor/time reporting, purchase existence and consumption, GAAP and SOX requirements, and other processes as needed.
- Ensures SOX requirements are appropriately addressed in standards and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 7 years of previous related government accounting experience (prior DCAA and/or experience at DoD contractor).
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading and managing teams.
- In-depth knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Experience in developing incurred cost submissions and CAS Disclosure Statements.
- Experience working with the DCAA and DCMA.
- Experience developing and training employees in government contracting matters.
- Strong business partnership skills.
- MBA and/or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with public accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of GAAP, SOX
Something looks off?