Staff Propulsion Engineer
What you'll do:
- Lead multiple propulsion development and analysis projects related to aircraft engines, engine components, and fuel systems.
- Lead verification and validation test plans for fuel system, propulsion performance characterization, reliability and durability, aerodynamic performance, thermal management, and acoustic performance.
- Collaborate with external engine development suppliers for air system components such as turbochargers and superchargers, fuel system and control system to support the development and testing of various propulsion technologies (2S, 4S and alternative engine architecture)
- Produce technical reports to capture and communicate the findings of the propulsion system testing.
- Perform system, subsystem, and component trade studies.
- Review, execute the development and release of detailed design documents including CAD models, 2D drawings, assembly instructions, acceptance test plans and other design artifacts.
- Act as point of contact for test activities and collaborate with design, systems engineering and external testing/propulsion manufacturing partners.
- Use data and analysis to set acceptance criteria for production and engineering propulsion hardware testing.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in propulsion design
- Mastery of fundamentals for internal combustion engines
- Expert in hardware testing with demonstrated experience inleading and managing multiple projects.
- Demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
- Masters or PhD in Mechanical Engineering (Propulsion/Combustion focus)
Something looks off?