Project Manager/Program Manager Dallas TX (R2187)
What you’ll do:
- Manage complex projects. Lead and be accountable for projects that span multiple functional teams and cross-functional initiatives. This includes hardware and software engineering, legal, safety and security, business and commercial development, finance, supply chain, and operations.
- Create cohesive project plans. Develop detailed plans that track and drive product deliverables, both internal and external to Shield AI, across all phases of the program. Ensure timely completion, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks, and effectively communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders.
- Solicit, aggregate, and track product and technical requirements. Gather requirements from stakeholders, both internal and external, and aggregate them into a single source of truth. Track the status of requirements throughout the development process to ensure that they are met.
- Identify, catalog, and report on risks. Identify potential risks to OEM programs across multiple teams. Catalog the risks and their potential impact. Report on the risks to stakeholders on a regular basis. Manage the burndown of risks through the program lifecycle.
- Proactively remove obstacles. Identify and remove obstacles that are preventing teams from making progress. Identify gaps in communication or schedule. Provide support to teams balancing competing priorities. Drive results by ensuring that teams are working effectively and efficiently.
- Coordinate personnel for system testing and customer events. This includes identifying the resources needed, scheduling the testing and events, and ensuring that the events are executed smoothly.
- Create presentations for design reviews and Program Management Reviews. This includes understanding the audience, researching the topic, and creating a presentation that is clear, concise, and visually appealing. Create Program Portfolio Backlog in Azure DevOps. This includes identifying the work to be done, estimating the effort, and creating a prioritized list of work that can be tracked and managed.
- Set up and run integrated project team meetings. This includes inviting the appropriate stakeholders, setting the agenda, and facilitating the meeting to ensure that the team is aligned on the project goals and objectives.
- Set up and maintain a project risk table. This includes identifying potential risks, assessing the likelihood and impact of each risk, and developing mitigation plans.
- Manage, track, and report progress on milestone and deliverables schedules. This includes tracking the progress of the project against the plan, identifying any variances, and taking corrective action as needed.
- Generate and maintain project schedules. This includes creating detailed schedules that track the progress of the project, identifying any potential risks or delays, and taking corrective action as needed.
- Engage with engineers on the design process, including sprint planning. This includes working with engineers to understand the project requirements, developing a design plan, and creating a timeline for the development process.
- Manage subcontractors and suppliers. This includes identifying and vetting potential subcontractors and suppliers, negotiating contracts, and managing the performance of subcontractors and suppliers.
- Develop objectives and key messages for customer meetings. This includes understanding the customer's needs, developing a list of objectives for the meeting, and creating a presentation that highlights the key messages.
- Manage development efforts per project plans. This includes tracking the progress of the development effort against the plan, identifying any variances, and taking corrective action as needed.
- Manage development schedule (updating development schedule on a weekly basis). This includes tracking the progress of the development effort against the schedule, identifying any variances, and taking corrective action as needed.
- Manage project budgets. This includes tracking the expenses associated with the project, identifying any variances, and taking corrective action as needed.
- Schedule and manage weekly team meetings. This includes inviting the appropriate stakeholders, setting the agenda, and facilitating the meeting to ensure that the team is aligned on the project goals and objectives.
- Own action item lists (internal and external). This includes tracking action items from meetings, ensuring that action items are completed in a timely manner, and following up with stakeholders to ensure that their needs are being met.
- Manage completion and submittal of customer deliverables. This includes ensuring that all customer deliverables are completed on time and to the required quality standards.
- Manage and organize customer correspondence. This includes tracking all customer correspondence, ensuring that customer inquiries are responded to in a timely manner, and maintaining a record of all customer communications.
- Coordinate with the project team to ensure all reviews are complete and drawings are released to schedule. This includes ensuring that all required reviews are completed, that all drawings are complete and accurate, and that drawings are released to schedule.
- Manage lessons learned files. This includes documenting lessons learned from the project, sharing lessons learned with the team, and using lessons learned to improve future projects.
- Project Management Experience: Experience managing projects from start to finish, including setting and managing budgets, schedules, and resources. Experience working with multidisciplinary teams of engineers is a plus.
- Scheduling Tool Experience: Experience using scheduling tools such as Microsoft Project or Smartsheet.
- Microsoft Office Suite Experience: Significant experience and excellent skills with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Leadership, Time Management, Organization, and Team Management Skills: Excellent skills in leadership, time management, organization, and team management. The ability to motivate and inspire others, set clear expectations, and delegate tasks effectively is essential.
- Project Management Knowledge: Theoretical and practical knowledge of project management principles and practices. The ability to identify and manage risks, communicate effectively with stakeholders, and make sound decisions under pressure is essential.
- Project Management Techniques and Tool Knowledge: Knowledge of project management techniques and tools, such as risk management, communication planning, and change management. The ability to use these techniques and tools effectively is essential.
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders, both verbally and in writing, is essential.
- Detailed Understanding of Project Financials: Detailed understanding of project financials, including the ability to create and manage budgets, track expenses, and identify and mitigate cost overruns.
- Demonstrated Record of Hard Work, Trustworthiness, High Standards, and Kindness: Demonstrated record of hard work, trustworthiness, high standards, and kindness. The ability to work hard, be a team player, and treat others with respect is essential.
- Experience managing integrated software and hardware research and development projects.
- Competency in both waterfall and agile project processes.