Mechanical Engineer II- on site in Frisco, TX (R2256)
What you'll do:
- As an Engineer II - Mechanical you will be responsible for making a key contribution to the mechanical design and development of Shield AI's autonomous UAV products.
- You will design subsystems for new products, perform the detailed design of complex electro-mechanical assemblies and will use best in class design and analysis tools.
- You will collaborate closely with internal and/or external partners to prototype, test and release products to production.
- You will also ensure product features achieve performance, schedule and reliability goals
Additional responsibilities include:
- Own the architecture, design, and development of new product subsystems as well as retrofit design updates to legacy products.
- Perform analysis on designs including hand calculations, CAD, and FEA.
- Rapidly design, prototype and test to validate the robustness and proper performance of designs.
- Lead design reviews.
- Participate in engineering and pre-production product builds.
- Primary mechanical engineer in cross-functional teams to ensure the successful development and launch of new products.
- Exemplify technical excellence and be accountable for your work.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience in mechanical or electro-mechanical product development
- CAD modeling experience
- Working knowledge of FEA principles
- Proficient at tolerance analysis, ANSI drawing standards and common inspection equipment and methodology
- Familiarity with common manufacturing processes
- A demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others