Staff Mass Properties Engineer - on site in Frisco, TX (R2253)
What you will do:
- Lead and participate in system-level trades to meet design requirements, including payload, power, propulsion, thermal, communications, and attitude control.
- Conduct advanced design weight estimation for proposals, prototyping, and trade studies.
- Estimate, calculate, and verify mass properties for components, assemblies, and completed systems.
- Develop analysis methods and tools for mass properties estimation.
- Generate and maintain mass properties reports for cross-functional teams.
- Implement test plans to verify mass properties (weight, center of gravity, inertia).
- Manage and update mass properties database.
- B.S. in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, material science/engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience as a mass properties engineer in an aerospace organization.
- Proficiency in with CAD software (SolidWorks, Siemens NX, etc)
- Familiarity with ATA100, SAWE RP A-7, RP and RP or predecessors
- Experience with Mass Properties requirements definition
- Experience developing and maintaining a Mass Properties Management and Control Plan
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- A demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
- Aircraft Weight and Balance Certification