Staff Software Engineer (TX - R2249)
What you'll do:
- Develop, implement, and lead test strategies for software provisioning, sensor calibration, and functional testing, ensuring alignment with manufacturing needs.
- Write and review software for high quality and sustainability.
- Engage in and facilitate design reviews, code reviews, and software releases.
- Design and develop user-facing applications for manufacturing environments.
- Work closely with Autonomy Test (AT), Foundations Test (FT), Hardware NPI, and Production teams to facilitate a smooth transition from design to manufacturing stages.
- Ensure that PAE products meet quality standards and manufacturing efficiency targets.
- Provide technical guidance to junior engineers, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, best practices, and technologies to continually refine and optimize the NPI process.
- Ensure adherence to industry regulations and maintain comprehensive documentation of processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with electrical engineering teams to develop or contract out PCBA test solutions.
- Research and enforce industry best practices and standards for software engineering, robotics production, and sensor calibration.
Projects that you might work on:
- Suite of tools/applications for configuring, testing, and calibrating V-BAT aircrafts during production.
- Manufacturing acceptance requirements for V-BAT platforms.
- Build automation applications to test aircraft components.
- Design and build an application to configure aircraft before leaving manufacturing.
- Applications to automate common interactions with V-BAT platforms and Hivemind software.
- Test infrastructure to enable automated integration testing of Hivemind software.
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree; or 5 years and a master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years of experience.
- Strong understanding of software testing methodologies, techniques, and tools, with a focus on manufacturing and system integration
- Experience writing software tooling
- Proficiency in programming languages, specifically C++ and/or Python
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects, coordinate cross-functional teams, and deliver results on time and within budget.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical information to diverse stakeholders.
- Real-world experience building test plans or automated test solutions for manufacturing. Ideally in the robotics, aviation, automotive, or defense industries.
- Experience designing software systems or applications for manufacturing environments.
- Experience integrating and/or testing autonomy systems.
- Experience in the aerospace or defense industries, working with complex systems and adhering to stringent standards / compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs, manage resources, and build teams.