Senior Engineer - Aerospace (R2269)
What you'll do:
- Data collection (to include real-time, post, and truth data), data pre-processing, data reduction, and data archiving
- Troubleshooting and help diagnose malfunctioning flight systems and components
- Responsible for digital aircraft logs and mission media artifact inventory archival
- Ingest, catalog, and perform validation of flight data
- Develop scripts to visualize, filter and analyze flight data across a fleet of aircraft
- Create report documentation summarizing system performance, system health, controller performance, communications and reliability metrics
- Support field testing through direct data collection including defining data collection goals, ensuring equipment is functioning as required
- Facilitate flight data review events with cross functional teams
- Capture and document technical issues and feature descriptions
- Collaborate with subject matter experts including controls, software, and aero performance engineers to triage and diagnose issues identified through test
- Execute virtual flight test through hardware and software in the loop simulation environments
- Typically requires a minimum of 3+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or a Master’s degree or a PhD in a relevant field
- B.S. degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) discipline, such as Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering. Technology-related degree plan also acceptable, e.g., Electrical Engineering, Aeronautics or Information Technology. Degrees with Manufacturing Testing competency will be considered.
- 2+ years of experience with ground and/or flight test teams maintainer or in a test related field.
- Organized and methodical with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated record of working hard, being trustworthy, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
- Proficiency in Matlab/Simulink, Python, and/or C++
- Experience with code repositories such as Git, Mercurial, SVN, or ADO
- Experience building or prototyping small aircraft or RC components
- Previous UAV operations and/or maintenance
- Previous environmental test experience, familiarity with MIL-810
- Experience with customer focus with field service experience.
- Ability to occasionally travel away from the normal duty location, to include
- deployments CONUS and OCONUS.
- Ability to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, holidays, shift work, and or overtime to support mission requirements.
- Background in aviation industry and specifically unmanned aerial systems/robotics