Global S/R Deputy (R2307)
What You'll Do:
- Primary responsibility for all shipments (inbound and outbound), including preparing packing lists, bills of lading, commercial invoices, and all other required paperwork; arranging and coordinating shipments with carriers; prepares import/export documents and packaging goods in accordance with established procedures and guidelines, receiving in supplies and developing processes and procedures for the shipping/receiving section.
- Coordinating with vendors and internal departments to process RMAs.
- Working with inventory coordinator to organize and improve on current processes.
- Work with freight forwarders to import/export most efficiently.
- Maintain record of all outgoing and incoming shipments using the automated inventory management system (Deltek) to ensure that actual physical inventory matches the database's logical inventory.
- Prepare all Shipping Documents, Labels, Pack Slips, Bill of Ladings, Reports, Etc.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures related to import/export shipments.
- Daily Accomplishments include movement flow and submit reports/findings to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Daily communication with vendors, internal customers and management required.
- Checks shipping invoices for accuracy, requests for corrected documents when needed.
- Moves materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas working closely with the Inventory Planner.
- Sorts, counts, and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Handles Inventory and project staging.
- Assist with monthly inventory reconciliation process.
- Assists with daily receiving of shipments, and upkeep of warehouse.
- Min. 3 years experience with logistics/shipping /receiving
- Min. 3 years experience with International shipping/receiving in an import/export role
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office Skills; Excel, Outlook, Word, Access
- Software user experience – preferably Deltek/Costpoint
- Must be able to pick up at least 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand when preparing shipments and have the physical ability to perform tasks throughout the manufacturing and production environment
- Must have strong organizational skills, be well organized and self-motivated with a pro-active approach to solving issues and improving processes
- Must possess a willing attitude, team spirit, and must strictly adhere to high business ethics and morale standards
- Strong time management skills
- Hard-working and dependable