Software Systems Engineer (R2255)
As a contributor to the software-focused systems engineering group, you will be responsible for:
- Defining software and co-define integrated software/hardware system requirements
- Supporting the design process for the software system architecture
- Use the Cameo tool to document our existing architecture and design future architecture
- Develop and maintain models using Unified Modeling Language (UML), Systems Modeling Language (SysML), and/or Unified Profile for DoDAF/MODAF (UPDM)
- Develop SysML models with emphasis on system decomposition, functions, interfaces, and behavior
- Collaborate with SMEs for improved tooling and connection to code for automated system models
- Leading cross-functional teams on projects
- Collaborating to define systems engineering processes
- Engage cross functionally with product management, program management, mechanical engineering, embedded engineering, business development, and other company leaders
- Report status, risks, accomplishments, expectations to senior leadership
- 5+ years of experience in systems engineering related field.
- B.S. degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) discipline, such as Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering.
- Software development experience in C++ and/or Python.
- Experience with Systems Engineering practices and principals, including writing, organizing, and verifying requirements.
- Experience in reading, interpreting, and applying engineering drawings, including assembly drawings, parts lists, wiring diagrams, and schematics.
- Experience with reliability and trend analysis.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US Security Clearance. US citizenship is required as only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance.