Staff Embedded Software Test Engineer (R2285)
What you'll do:
- Participate in feature development from requirements generation through delivery to customers.
- Research, design, and implement state-of-the-art network centric software test applications, taking ideas from conception to field deployment.
- Develop automated testing and reporting system for the entire robotic vehicle.
- Develop Software-In The- Loop (SIL) and Hardware-In The-Loop (HIL) systems.
- Work closely with Flight Test team to test and verify robotic aircraft.
- Other duties as assigned.
Projects that you might work on:
- Develop LabView/Python software which interfaces with National Instruments hardware to test and verify avionics hardware and software.
- Integrate 3rd party software onto existing multi-CPU avionics suite.
- Develop software and firmware to control robotic vehicles.
- Integrate Shield AI Hivemind onto robotic vehicles.
- Create new CI/CD pipelines with automated testing for embedded systems.
- 5-7+ years' experience
- Bachelors in CS, CE, or EE, or requisite experience
- Strong C/C++/Python background
- Experience with Linux operating system and software development tools
- Experience interfacing hardware and software
- Experience in a collaborative development environment, focused on continuous integration/delivery & test-driven development
- Demonstrated record of working hard, strong communication skills, being a trustworthy teammate, and being kind to others
- Familiarity with common debugging and profiling tools (e.g. gdb, valgrind, etc.)
- Familiarity with git, bash
- Masters in CS, CE, or EE
- Robotics/UAV software development experience
- Previous software development utilizing Azure DevOps
- Avionics software development experience
- Automated Testing experience