Staff Frontend Software Engineer, Command & Control (R2303)
What you'll do:
- Contribute to the web-based front-end of the Hivemind Commander product that will revolutionize the way that human beings engage with teams of autonomous air vehicles.
- Develop UI and UX elements of mission planning and command and control of autonomous systems based on design specifications.
- Manage large streams of incoming data for effective renderings and delightful user experience.
- Collaborate with our operators, test pilots, and instructors to enhance the UX of autonomous robotic systems.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or similar degree and 4+ years' experience developing large, production-quality software systems with relevant technologies (TypeScript, React).
- Excellent grasp of modern software development and coding principles with high productivity in a mainstream language (e.g. TypeScript, C++ Java, C#, Python, etc.).
- Good software hygiene regarding code documentation, unit testing, bug tracking.
- Strong technical collaboration skills and a desire to develop new skills.
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others.
- Experience with technical leadership or people management.
- Experience with geospatial data and WebGL.
- Experience applying design systems to UI components
- Experience with Linux, Docker, and CI/CD environments
- Experience with WebSockets and Electron (or similar)
- Experience with TypeScript and React for frontend web applications