Staff Mechanical Engineer (R2296)
What you'll do:
- Mechanical architecture, design and execution of vehicle systems.
- Rapidly design, prototype, and test to validate the robustness and proper performance of designs.
- Subject Matter Expertise in multiple areas of Mechanical Engineering design
- Perform analysis on designs including hand calculations, CAD, and FEA.
- Hold design reviews and be able to demonstrate decisions based on sound engineering.
- Lead cross-functional teams to ensure the successful development and launch of new products.
- Hands on involvement in engineering and pre-production product builds.
- Exemplify technical excellence and set the standard for work. Lead by example
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in mechanical or electro-mechanical product
- Experience with carbon fiber composite design and manufacturing a plus
- CAD modeling experience
- Working knowledge of FEA principles
- Proficient at tolerance analysis, ANSI drawing standards, and common inspection equipment and methodology
- Familiarity with common manufacturing processes
- Brought multiple products from concept to mass production as mechanical lead
- A demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others