Developer Experience Engineer (R2322)
What you'll do:
- Utilize a DevOps mentality (not cloud infra devops, but writing code to optimize developer workflow) to reduce friction across the company for developers.
- Develop, support and enhance C++ build systems across the org, to ensure repeatability and robustness of builds and ease-of-use for developers.
- Develop, support and enhance CI systems to ensure repeatability and robustness of execution and tests in CI and ease-of-use for developers.
- Drive the application of software systems to both internal and third-party consumers of Hivemind Edge.
- Architect appropriate tools for internal developers who build software into Hivemind Edge.
- Lead integration development between hardware, embedded, software & AI teams that contribute to easier and more efficient development.
- Align interfaces in the team with other teams.
- Build out systems architectures and infrastructure as needed to support development efforts.
- Other devops duties as assigned.
- BS in computer science or related engineering field with 5+ years of professional experience.
- DevOps experience with a cloud service like Google, Azure, AWS
- Strong proficiency with C++ 11 AND Python in a production environment.
- Strong understanding of CMake.
- Strong demonstrated proficiency in continuous integration/delivery (e.g., Jenkins, ADO).
- Strong knowledge of git.
- Strong knowledge of scripting in bash and python.
- Strong system administration in Linux (w/ Windows a bonus).
- Familiarity with monitoring and logging.
- Familiarity with cloud container orchestration systems (ex: Kubernetes, Docker).
- Demonstrated record of working hard, strong communication skills, being a
- trustworthy teammate, and being kind to others.
- Some experience with common debugging and profiling tools (e.g., gdb, valgrind, etc.).
- Strong desire to learn and grow on the job.
- DevOps experience with Azure
- Jetson / Raspberry PI programming experience integrating with peripherals.
- Knowledge of ROS (http://www.ros.org/ )
- Knowledge of Gazebo or other robotics simulation tools.
- Experience with drones or automated vehicles.
- Experience in other similar DevOps roles, with hands on implementation