Product Operations Intern - Summer 2024 (R2355)
What you'll do:
- Support cross-functional efforts to launch impactful products--all while working within a supportive product community. Your leadership and product development abilities will be nurtured through both mentorship and hands-on learning.
- Help define product strategy for a specific product line, taking into account the needs of customers, engineering, business development, customer success & training, and production & sustainment. The scope includes management and implementation of processes in support of the operations, as well as engagement with operators/customers.
- Define and manage the prioritization of evolving product requirements to optimize engineering workstreams and impact.
- Establish, track, and report upon key performance indicators for product metrics. Set the KPIs to support corporate strategy and operational excellence.
- We will assess candidates against three categories: business acumen, technical fluency, and expertise in military operations.
- You are an undergraduate, graduate or PhD student expected to graduate in December 2024 or Spring 2025, with a major in science, engineering, computer science or business, or will be concluding military service within 12 months of finishing the internship.
- Have prior work experience, internship experience or significant summer research experience (e.g., NSF REU) in robotics, machine learning, systems engineering, hardware engineering, aerospace engineering, or software engineering, or have relevant defense industry experience or military experience. Relevant defense experience includes a thorough understanding of military operations and/or the acquisition process, experience working with COCOMs, Service Headquarters and S&T organizations & OSD Secretariats, and working knowledge of the requirements generation process & DoD budget cycles.
- Exceptional technical understanding of topics in robotics, machine learning, hardware engineering, systems engineering, and/or computer science, and/or fluency in utilizing autonomous systems for military operations.
- Documented projects or interests that demonstrate both passion for technology and technical aptitude