Sr Staff Controls Engineer (R2315)
What you'll do:
- Synthesize new controllers based on the requirements of the aircraft and flight conditions
- Perform stability analysis of the control law and provide performance guarantees in a variety of conditions
- Derive new control architectures with rigorous mathematical documentation with well-understood characteristics
- Work closely with the aerodynamics team to understand the aircraft and incorporate high-fidelity models into our simulation
- Analyze aircraft performance metrics across diverse conditions, iterating on control designs to meet stringent performance and safety criteria.
- Seamlessly integrate control algorithms with our C++ infrastructure, guaranteeing consistent, high-quality performance as designs are transitioned from MATLAB
- Engage in rigorous flight test campaigns, amassing critical data and fine-tuning our models and controllers based on real-world observations.
- B.Sc in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Control Systems, or a related field.
- A solid 8+ years of experience in control system design, theory, and implementation.
- Profound understanding of both classical and modern control theories, including but not limited to OB-LTR.
- Demonstrated expertise in MIMO control schemes and their practical applications.
- Familiarity with MATLAB/Simulink.
- Basic proficiency in C++, paired with the enthusiasm to collaborate with software engineers during transition phases.
- Strong analytical prowess, meticulous attention to detail, and an innate ability to work both independently and as part of a synergized team.
- Masters or PhD in Control Systems, Aerospace Engineering, or closely related disciplines.
- Prior experience with military aircraft or high-reliability, safety-critical systems.
- Seasoned understanding of sensor fusion, state estimation, and associated techniques.
- Proficiency in system identification techniques and the ability to incorporate models developed by specialized teams, such as aerodynamics.