Senior Staff RF Engineer (R2319)
What you'll do:
- Provide technical leadership to the RF team focusing on the VBAT product line.
- Quantify and optimize RF link performance, resolve desense/interference problems.
- Define system level and unit level design requirements and features for all RF systems.
- Improve design, test, and compliance processes for the engineering org. as it related to RF.
- Define test procedures, requirements, and train operators/technicians to execute accordingly.
- Help grow the team, provide hiring input, and mentor teammates.
- Establish and enforce team processes around design, test, review, cross-functional support, and regulatory compliance.
- Regularly communicate with the cross-functional team regarding RF status, risks, needs, plans, etc.
- Provide technical design input/review to your team and other engineering teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 8+ years of industry experience as an Electrical Engineer in RF systems.
- Strong technical fundamentals.
- Experience worked on cross-functional teams involving EE, ME, SW, manufacturing, production, etc.
- Experience with technical mentorship/guidance of other engineers.
- Experience leading design work on the unit level and system level.
- Experience with quantifying and improving RF sensitivity performance.
- Knowledge of antenna design and aircraft level radiation performance analysis and simulation, utilizing tools such as CST & ANSYS.
- Experience in RF and Antenna design, antenna coupling analysis for airborne V/UHF, L-band, S-band, GNSS, and MIL-SAT systems.
- Demonstrated RF analysis experiences in frequency planning, RF Co-site, Antenna Coupling, and the production of analysis report.
- Experience with EMI/EMC compliance techniques, with a particular emphasis on optimizing size, weight and power.
- Knowledge of MIL-STD 461 and MIL-STD 464 compliance requirements and test setups.
- RF system, subsystem and printed circuit assembly EMI/EMC simulation, test and mitigation.