Sr. RF Engineer (R2319)
Dallas County, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2023
Introduction to Shield AI
Founded in 2015, Shield AI is a venture-backed defense technology company whose mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. In pursuit of this mission, Shield AI is building the world’s best AI pilot. Its AI pilot, Hivemind, has flown a fighter jet (F-16), a vertical takeoff and landing drone (V-BAT), and a quadcopter (Nova). The company has offices in San Diego, Dallas, Washington DC and abroad. Shield AI’s products and people are currently in the field actively supporting operations with the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. allies.
Are you a passionate, innovative, experienced Electrical Engineer looking to help develop state-of-the-art AI hardware products? Are you eager to make a positive difference in the world? Do you want to work alongside mission driven and values focused teammates? Shield AI is just the place for you!
As a Senior RF Engineer, you will contribute to the design and verification of our VBAT RF systems. Help quantify performance and lead improvements while ensuring compliance with EMI and EMC standards. We aim to deliver seamless connectivity, exceptional coverage, and efficient spectrum utilization. Your role will play a pivotal part in ensuring the reliable and resilient performance of RF systems onboard the aircraft.
What you'll do:
- Support the design and testing of RF systems for V-BAT aircraft, taking charge of tasks including the analysis of antenna placement, RF co-site analysis, and the implementation of strategies to mitigate onboard interference signals.
- Identify and comprehend the mechanisms responsible for interference signals, developing effective mitigation solutions that meet size, weight, and power constraints.
- Drive improvements in design, testing, and compliance processes within the RF team.
- Define test procedures and requirements, while also providing training to operators and technicians to ensure flawless execution.
- Foster a collaborative environment by mentoring teammates when possible, sharing knowledge, and facilitating their professional growth.
- Play a key role in the development of automated test solutions, enhancing efficiency and precision in our testing processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or an equivalent field.
- A minimum of 4 years of industry experience as an Electrical Engineer specializing in RF systems.
- Strong technical proficiency and fundamentals. Organized and detailed oriented.
- Proven experience in performing RF link budget analysis to ensure the reliability of data links in real-world deployments of RF systems.
- Experienced with reading schematic and selecting RF components.
- Proficient with circuit analysis, test, and use of test equipment such as network analyzer, spectrum analyzer and various RF probes.
- Familiarity with RF and circuit simulation tools. Working knowledge of using EM simulation to model unintended radiation path is a plus.
- Previous contributions to a product design involving cross-functional collaboration with teams such as Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Development, Manufacturing, and Production.
- Demonstrated dedication, teamwork, commitment to high standards, and kindness in your interactions with colleagues and teammates.
Total package details:
Regular employee positions: Salary within range listed above + Bonus + Benefits + Equity (if applicable)
Temporary employee positions: Hourly within range listed above + temporary benefits package (applicable after 60 days of employment)
*Interns/Military Fellows/Part-time not eligible for bonus, benefits or equity
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. All offers are contingent on a cleared background check.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.