Senior FP&A Analyst - FT role on site @ San Diego, Dallas or DC (R2396)
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2023
Introduction to Shield AI
Founded in 2015, Shield AI is a venture-backed defense technology company whose mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. In pursuit of this mission, Shield AI is building the world’s best AI pilot. Its AI pilot, Hivemind, has flown a fighter jet (F-16), a vertical takeoff and landing drone (V-BAT), and a quadcopter (Nova). The company has offices in San Diego, Dallas, Washington DC and abroad. Shield AI’s products and people are currently in the field actively supporting operations with the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. allies.
As an FP&A Senior Analyst, you will create financial modeling tools to collect and organize financial inputs and produce consistent, repeatable, and high fidelity outputs used in planning and budgeting, forecasting, financial performance reporting and analysis.
You will partner with a team of talented and driven FP&A professionals to define tool requirements and implement and maintain the tools. Additionally, you will work with department leaders to prepare budgets and your insightful analysis of financial performance will support critical financial decision making.
What you'll do:
- Design, implement, and maintain a modeling tool to forecast all elements of the income statement, cash flow statement, and balance sheet
- Develop, implement, and maintain FP&A dashboards
- Partner with department leaders to review actual financial metrics and prepare budgets and forecasts of department expenses
- Participate in the creation of the Annual Operating Plan, interim forecasts, capital expense planning, long range planning efforts, and other adhoc modeling exercises
- Analyze complex financial and operational data and provide accurate and timely recommendations to company leadership for decision making
- Assist in the preparation of presentations for the Board of Directors and Executive leadership
- Build collaborative relationships with other organizations such as Business
- Development, Contracts, Customer Success, Engineering, Product/ Program
- Management, and Supply Chain and other financial disciplines including Accounting and Program Finance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- 3+ years of relevant Finance experience
- Knowledge of financial statements and metrics
- Experience building financial models in excel and other financial modeling tools
- Strong understanding of US GAAP accounting and how it applies to FP&A
- Strong communication, financial analysis skills, and high attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively within FP&A and with other departments
- You are a creative and strategic thinker with the ability to think outside the box and thrive in a dynamic environment
- Experience with high-growth technology, investment banking, defense contracting
- Experience implementing forecasting tools
- Experience with Cost Point, Salesforce and/or similar systems
Total package details:
Regular employee positions: Salary within range listed above + Bonus + Benefits + Equity (if applicable)
Temporary employee positions: Hourly within range listed above + temporary benefits package (applicable after 60 days of employment)
*Interns/Military Fellows/Part-time not eligible for bonus, benefits or equity
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. All offers are contingent on a cleared background check.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.