Senior Frontend Software Engineer, Command & Control - Temporary
Posted on Thursday, December 7, 2023
Introduction to Shield AI
Founded in 2015, Shield AI is a venture-backed defense technology company whose mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. In pursuit of this mission, Shield AI is building the world’s best AI pilot. Its AI pilot, Hivemind, has flown a fighter jet (F-16), a vertical takeoff and landing drone (V-BAT), and a quadcopter (Nova). The company has offices in San Diego, Dallas, Washington DC and abroad. Shield AI’s products and people are currently in the field actively supporting operations with the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. allies.
Shield AI is looking for a Software Engineer to support our Command and Control, Autonomy Team in a temporary capacity for up to six months. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door within our high growth organization as the team continues to expand.
Embark on a unique professional experience as a key contributor to our Hivemind Commander product. This innovative software solution offers a practical approach to supporting seamless, intuitive, and immersive interaction with teams of autonomous robotic systems. Collaborate closely with Human Factors, User Experience Design, and operators to develop a reliable product that meets industry standards.
What you'll do:
- Contribute to the web-based front-end of the Hivemind Commander product that will revolutionize the way that human beings engage with teams of autonomous air vehicles.
- Develop UI and UX elements of mission planning and command and control of autonomous systems based on design specifications.
- Manage large streams of incoming data for effective renderings and delightful user experience.
- Collaborate with our operators, test pilots, and instructors to enhance the UX of autonomous robotic systems.
- Typically requires a minimum of 7 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or 4 years with a PhD; or equivalent work experience specializing in the development of large-scale, production-quality software systems using relevant technologies (TypeScript, React).
- Excellent grasp of modern software development and coding principles with high productivity in a mainstream language (e.g. TypeScript, C++ Java, C#, Python, etc.).
- Good software hygiene regarding code documentation, unit testing, bug tracking.
- Strong technical collaboration skills and a desire to develop new skills.
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others.
- Experience with technical leadership or people management.
- Experience with geospatial data and WebGL.
- Experience applying design systems to UI components
- Experience with Linux, Docker, and CI/CD environments
- Experience with WebSockets and Electron (or similar)
- Experience with TypeScript and React for frontend web applications
- Experience with Playwright UI testing
Total package details:
Regular employee positions: Salary within range listed above + Bonus + Benefits + Equity (if applicable)
Temporary employee positions: Hourly within range listed above + temporary benefits package (applicable after 60 days of employment)
*Interns/Military Fellows/Part-time not eligible for bonus, benefits or equity
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. All offers are contingent on a cleared background check.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.