Senior Engineer, Autonomy Integration (R2419-2420)
San Diego, CA, USA · San Diego, CA, USA · Oregon, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 6, 2024
Introduction to Shield AI
Founded in 2015, Shield AI is a venture-backed defense technology company whose mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. In pursuit of this mission, Shield AI is building the world’s best AI pilot. Its AI pilot, Hivemind, has flown a fighter jet (F-16), a vertical takeoff and landing drone (V-BAT), and a quadcopter (Nova). The company has offices in San Diego, Dallas, Washington DC and abroad. Shield AI’s products and people are currently in the field actively supporting operations with the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. allies.
The Hivemind Edge team is responsible for developing the core AI and Autonomy capabilities for our AI pilot product. As an Autonomy Integration Engineer, you will be working across the Hivemind Edge team to integrate and test autonomy components to release the Shield AI reference pilot for our internal and external customers.
What You'll Do:
- Integrate autonomy software on hardware and simulated platforms
- Develop, mature, and test software for autonomous systems
- Work with product component teams to ensure interfaces are implemented and meeting specifications
- Drive high-quality software releases at a regular cadence to service customer needs
- Seek out system gaps and implement solutions to fill them
- Contribute to the documentation of the systems
- Create integration tests within our testing frameworks
- Help drive improvements in testing frameworks
- Resolve challenges and optimize software architecture at all levels of the stack from kernel to third party and internal libraries
- BS in Computer Science, Robotics, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent degree
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 4 years and a Master’s degree; or 2 years with a PhD; or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient in ROS or related robotics frameworks
- Experience with integration of software and hardware for commercial products
- Strong software skills in C++ and python
- Experience with NVIDIA Jetson or similar edge AI platforms
- Experience in the self-driving car, UAV or other related industry
- Experience shipping production quality code for commercial robotics applications
- Experience with AWS, Azure
- Experience with Docker or other containerization tools
Total package details:
Regular employee positions: Salary within range listed above + Bonus + Benefits + Equity (if applicable)
Temporary employee positions: Hourly within range listed above + temporary benefits package (applicable after 60 days of employment)
*Interns/Military Fellows/Part-time not eligible for bonus, benefits or equity
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. All offers are contingent on a cleared background check.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.