Sr. Manager, Brand Marketing
We’re hiring a NY-based Sr. Manager of Brand Marketing.
ABOUT OUR TEAM AND WHAT WE’LL BUILD TOGETHER
theSkimm Content & Marketing Team is made up of fast-moving, data-driven, creative thinkers who nurture and grow theSkimm brand and community, while driving audience growth and engagement across all platforms. The Senior Manager of Brand Marketing is focused on elevating our brand and fueling growth through mission, campaigns, and messaging.
In 2023, theSkimm is gearing up to continue making an impact for millennial women and enabling them to live their smartest lives. We need a partner who will be responsible for the development and implementation of marketing campaigns and messaging across brand/editorial campaigns, launches, and partnerships. The ideal candidate will be equal parts strategic and creative, have industry intel and enthusiasm, be proactive and meticulously organized, and be willing to roll up their sleeves to get things done.
The Senior Manager will serve as a collaborator and partner to teams across theSkimm including Communications, Content, Sales, Business Development, Design, Strategy, Data, Product and more.
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO OUR MISSION
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns and messaging for company-wide initiatives, editorial moments and campaigns, and new product launches, in partnership with social, editorial, comms and growth teams
- Dream up and manage partnerships (with brands, organizations, influencers, etc) that serve to expose theSkimm to new and diverse audiences for brand and content initiatives, as well as priority content products like the Well, Money, and Parenting newsletters.
- Ideate and initiate new campaign concepts for both organic and built-if-sold opportunities; Collaborate with revenue team on sellable integrations and opportunities
- Craft strategic messaging, value propositions, and standard language for campaign assets based on target audience and business goals, marrying insights + campaign intent
- Lead O&O promotional efforts for brand moments, content packages and campaigns
- Own cross-departmental communications around priority initiatives, making sure relevant stakeholders are aware of upcoming plans; track the success and impact of those initiatives and communicate those learnings to the org
- Lead the marketing communications process:
- Develop campaign elements and language documents
- Serve as the marketing POC for design and copywriting for campaigns
- Reviews and approvals
- Requests and prioritization
- Integration with the creative process
- Workflow to hit deadlines
- Collaborate closely with agencies, vendors and partners
- Maintain continuous communication with key internal stakeholders - including editorial, sales, PR, growth, product and design, for cross-functional alignment
- Track and analyze key campaign and marketing metrics and performance in partnership with data, growth, content and social to ensure both campaigns and partnerships are successful
- Manage internal processes and communications
YOU’RE READY FOR THIS! HERE’S A BIT MORE ABOUT WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years of experience in a brand marketing or content role, with proven background in developing successful campaigns and partnerships that drive brand and audience growth and engagement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret data and insights into meaningful action
- A rolodex of connections to influencers, potential partner organizations, PR agencies, etc.
- Experience managing a budget and working with freelancers
- A strong grasp on and passion for the latest in culture, tech, and media, and the ability to translate that fluency into big ideas for theSkimm
The role will be a hybrid of working remotely, as well as from our office HQ in Manhattan up to three days a week (Tuesdays to Thursdays).
The expected annual base salary for this role is $85,000-$95,000. We’ll consider a variety of factors when determining the offered base salary including an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, abilities, experience, location, market demands, and internal parity.
Why our employees love working here
We are mission driven and values driven:
We are collectively building an impactful brand to empower generations of informed, confident women. Our vision is for every woman to have the info they need to navigate a complex world and the decisions in it. Every role has a purpose and allows us to provide useful information succinctly and contextualized. We tee her up to take action - whichever action is right for her, wherever she is.
We are values driven at every point - how we work, the way we work and our culture come straight from our core values. Each of us supports this incredible brand and takes part in its continued growth, fulfilling the needs of our audience each and every day.
We put you and your personal lives first - we have a generous benefits policy that demonstrates we are listening to what our employees need:
- Unlimited vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- Encouraged time off on your birthday and Skimm’versary
- A hybrid working model with flexibility for remote work
- Comprehensive insurance plans and commuter benefits
- Auto-enrollment into an Empower 401(k) plan starting on your first day and employer contribution available after one year of employment
- Rewards for every work anniversary
- One month paid sabbatical after your five year Skimm’versary as a full-time employee
We support our parents at all points on their journey:
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave (adoption, fostering and surrogacy included)
- Bereavement leave for pregnancy loss
- Phased return to work schedule availability
- Flexibility based on parental schedules
- Access to family building and fertility benefits
- Flexible and broad-scale child support program
Your well being is our priority:
- We honor Sacred Time in our workplace
- We have aligned company “time off” during the summer to truly allow for us all to break from our work at the same time
- We offer fitness membership reimbursement
- One Medical Membership is included with our benefits
We have a vibrant, collaborative, and supportive culture (we celebrate and have fun!):
- Weekly company updates led by our executive team
- Employee Resource Groups
- Annual employee award ceremony to celebrate individual accomplishments
- Clubs and activities designed to meet other employees like book clubs, new hire buddy programs, off-sites, and wellness focused classes
- Numerous culture events that enable our workforce, in the office and remote, to connect and have fun
Your career and development are a priority:
- Annual learning and development stipend
- LEAD@theSkimm, our leadership development program
- DEI initiatives to ensure we are the best partners and colleagues to each other
- Career development guidance and planning
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking, and diverse group of people building a media company that makes it easier to live smarter
Our story, Skimm’d
We are a digital media company, dedicated to succinctly giving women the information they need to make confident decisions. We make it easier to live smarter.
At our core, we are writers, editors, producers, designers, marketers, engineers, analysts, sellers, creatives, and strategists all working together to achieve this goal.
Every day we’re breaking down the news, trends, policies, and politics that impact women so that they can navigate their daily lives and futures – from managing their paychecks to casting their ballots – with confidence. We provide our dedicated audience of millions with reliable, non-partisan, information, informing and empowering them while fitting into their daily routines.
Since disrupting the media landscape and defining a new category a decade ago, we have become a trusted source for our audience of millions by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way they consume news and make decisions. Today theSkimm ecosystem includes the Daily Skimm, the Daily Skimm: Weekend, Skimm Money and Skimm Your Life newsletters, B2B marketer’s newsletter The SKM Report, “9 to 5ish with theSkimm” podcast, theSkimm mobile app. We also house Skimm Studios which creates innovative in-house video and audio content, and our in-house creative agency SKM Lab, which conceptualizes, develops, and produces innovative solutions and content for brands to engage with generations of informed women. Our first book, How to Skimm Your Life debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list. Through Skimm Impact, our purpose-driven platform, we are proud to support get-out-the-vote efforts with Skimm Your Ballot, which has spurred more than two million voting-related actions across the last four election cycles. We have mobilized hundreds of companies to join our #ShowUsYourLeave movement, which has created transparency and pushed for progress for Paid Family Leave in the U.S. And we’re empowering women to take agency of their lives and control of their futures through our State of Women initiative, grounded in a study conducted by The Harris Poll.
Come join us!
Learn more about us and our other opportunities here.