Front End SWE
Third Wave Automation
Third Wave Automation is a rapidly growing startup company that has demonstrated its core technology components, proven the market fit, and just closed its Series B round of funding. If you are excited about cutting edge machine learning, robotics that affects the real world, and want to join a company where your skills can have a huge impact, you’ll fit right in.
Third Wave Automation is applying modern machine learning to materials handling—delivering site-specific forklift navigation and infrastructure-free pallet handling that continuously adapts to changing floor configuration and warehouse demand.
Third Wave Automation is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help develop our Shared Autonomy stack: the key interface our customers use when interacting with our leading forklift automation system. Shared Autonomy is part of our key value proposition. It allows for human-in-the-loop operation to augment our autonomous forklifts.
As part of our team, you will participate in the architecture, design, implementation, and testing of our frontend. You will work closely with teams across Third Wave to provide a simple and intuitive experience for our operators. Some examples of systems you may work on include: controlling and visualizing the robots within the warehouse, streaming video and other sensor data, providing remote operation by way of interfacing with video game controllers.
- 5+ years of experience building clean, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Experience or education in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience in Node.js, Typescript, React, and Redux.
- Comfortable with modern software engineering practice, including code review, version control, testing, and continuous integration.
- Excellent collaborative, communication, and documentation skills.
Bonus Points For
- Strong UX/HRI and good eye for design.
- Experience with data streaming (WebSocket), video streaming (WebRTC), and network performance.
- Experience with Cypress UI testing framework
- Experience with Docker development and deployment workflows.
- Experience with 3D rendering (Three.js, WebGL, ...).
- Experience in Python, backend systems, and databases.
- Experience with ROS or other pubsub systems.
The pay range for this position is $150,000 - $200,000/yr +benefits+equity; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay information is based on market location.
More About Working Here
Our Core Values:
- Safety. We consider safety in everything we do.
- People. We care about our teammates as people.
- Encouragement. We encourage teaching, asking questions, and sharing opinions.
- Transparency. We are transparent and sincere in our actions.
A robust set of benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive benefits. Health, Dental, Vision, and a 401k matching program, to boot!
- Flexible working schedule. Be productive when you work best.
- Show & Tell. We love to learn from one another, and see the cool stuff everyone is working on!
- Meals are covered. Lunch is provided every day, and dinner for those evenings that run long.
- Stacks of snacks. Donuts are a main food group, and the snack shelf is always stocked with a wide variety of items.
- Great teammates. One of the best parts of working here!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We value each person's expertise and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All qualified applicants able to work in the United States are encouraged to apply.