Third Wave Automation
Third Wave Automation is a rapidly growing startup that has demonstrated its core technology components, proven its market fit, and just closed its Series B funding. If you are excited about cutting edge machine learning, robotics that affects the real world, and want to join a company where your skills can have a huge impact, you’ll fit right in.
Third Wave Automation is applying modern machine learning to materials handling—delivering site-specific forklift navigation and infrastructure-free pallet handling that continuously adapts to changing floor configuration and warehouse demand.
Third Wave Automation is looking for a robotics engineer to develop and manage software, driver ,and firmware bring-up of our autonomous forklifts.
How You Can Make an Impact
- Execute bring-up, configuration, calibration, and testing processes for sensor (e.g., LIDAR, cameras) and non-sensor components (e.g., IMU, MOXA, Industrial Computers, Ethernet Switches) as part of our manufacturing operation
- Work with Hardware & Software teams to improve bring-up and testing processes
- Develop custom and scalable configuration, calibration, and testing algorithms
- Define end-of-line test procedures for final assembly in production and collaborate with contract manufacturer for implementation
- Perform safety test procedures
- Lead corrective actions and complete root cause analyses of robot failures
- Masters degree in engineering/CS or a related field, with applicable background
- 5+ years of experience in working with robotics and electromechanical systems
- Strong theoretical and practical understanding of the challenges and solutions to the problems of robotic system bring-up and calibration
- Experience working with sensing technologies, including LIDAR, cameras, encoders, and their error models
- Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge in developing algorithms in Python and/or C++
- Comfortable with linux and command line only systems
- Familiarity with CI/CD platforms (e.g., Jenkins, Build Kite, etc.), version control (e.g., Git), and issue and project tracking (e.g., Jira, Confluence).
- Network and computer diagnostic skills
- Experience in performing precise 3D measurement, imaging, and realization using CMM technology (e.g., FARO)
- Understanding of safety tests and standards (e.g., B56.5)
- Excellent communication skills and able to effectively collaborate with both engineering and shop floor personnel
- Location: Lexington, Kentucky. Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Relocation Bonus Available: We offer a relocation bonus to assist in relocating to Lexington, Kentucky.
The pay range for this position is $105,000 - $200,000/yr +benefits+equity; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Base pay information is based on market location.
More About Working Here
Our Core Values:
- Safety. We consider safety in everything we do.
- People. We care about our teammates as people.
- Encouragement. We encourage teaching, asking questions, and sharing opinions.
- Transparency. We are transparent and sincere in our actions.
A robust set of benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive benefits. Health, Dental, Vision, and a 401k matching program, to boot!
- Flexible working schedule. Be productive when you work best.
- Show & Tell. We love to learn from one another, and see the cool stuff everyone is working on!
- Meals are covered. Lunch is provided every day, and dinner for those evenings that run long.
- Stacks of snacks. Donuts are a main food group, and the snack shelf is always stocked with a wide variety of items.
- Great teammates. One of the best parts of working here!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We value each person's expertise and experiences. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All qualified applicants able to work in the United States are encouraged to apply.